Blacklist removal request

Eiwe
Go to solution Solved by gonzo,

Hello,

It has come to my attention that e.z.teachablemail.com may exist in the Malwarebytes blacklist. At Teachable, we host many creators and courses on our educational technology platform. As the Directory of Engineering, Cybersecurity & Platform I am responsible for tracking down any use of our platform that violates our terms of service. This includes using our systems for unsolicited or bulk email activity. While it's impossible to ensure such activity is eradicated completely, I'd like to request that any *.teachablemail.com or *.teachable.com domains be removed from the blacklist. If any future reports are submitted, I'm committed to tracking down any such violations and remediating them either via voluntary action on the part of the creators or account termination.

Thank you!

Hi there. Thanks for the speedy response. I'm afraid I don't have the log file as this was reported by a user of our platform. We don't use Malwarebytes internally. All I have is a screenshot from the user:

Image 2020-08-30 at 5.01.10 PM

https://share.getcloudapp.com/p9uGLPbE

I did just install Browserguard myself and I was unable to reproduce the error. Can you confirm if that domain or any *.teachable.com domain is still in your database?

Thank you kindly.

Hi there. Thanks for the speedy response. I'm afraid I don't have the log file as this was reported by a user of our platform. We don't use Malwarebytes internally. All I have is a screenshot from the user:

Image 2020-08-30 at 5.01.10 PM

https://share.getcloudapp.com/p9uGLPbE

I did just install Browserguard myself and I was unable to reproduce the error. Can you confirm if that domain or any *.teachable.com domain is still in your database?

Thank you kindly.

• Staff

Attempts to go to e.z.teachablemail.com result in a file being automatically downloaded.  This is unusual behavior.  I expected to receive the reputation block that you alluded to.  As the person responsible for clearing reputation blocks, I will be more than happy to once I can reproduce the block.  If that is an embedded page and not a directly user-accessible page, please provide a URL that I may use.

Hi gonzo,

I am also not able to personally reproduce the block. The link at the root of e.z.teachablemail.com is actually a Mailgun API endpoint. The file is just a plain text file containing the string "Mailgun Magnificent API".  It's not expected that a user would access it directly. This block was reported by a user of our platform and I don't have a full link to share with you at this time. Is it possible for you to search your blacklist based on just "e.z.teachablemail.com"?

Thank you kindly.