BSOD during custom scan of a whole PC

Just now, Robert_X said:

If is the "least protective function" , why , by default there is a scan scheduled?

Do you have the paid version? I saw trial in your logs.

I personally have not run a scan in months. I have the schedule off. The premium real time features do the protecting in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Do you have the paid version? I saw trial in your logs.

I personally have not run a scan in months. I have the schedule off. The premium real time features do the protecting in my opinion.

Yes, I have the life time which I used it briefly ( when I noticed that there is a scheduled scan by default)

Now I am using the Antiransomware BETA on conjunction with Avira.

Just now, Robert_X said:

Now I am using the Antiransomware BETA

That only kicks in after encryption activities start.

The anti exploit and web protection do more to protect the computer.

I and 100's of my clients use the combination of Windows Defender and MB premium for protection. Also use a browser with Ublock origin and Browser guard as well.

I have not had any issues as I would know because those clients are offered free malware removal when using my recommended setup.

I have never had to clean a Windows 10 system since it was released in 2015.

25 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That only kicks in after encryption activities start.

The anti exploit and web protection do more to protect the computer.

I know that. Avira has anti exploit protection and I use BitDefender TrafficLight  for web protection.

Both these modules from MalwareBytes have a substantial impact on PC speed and also they are prone to create compatibility issues with another antivirus.

The Anti-Ransomware beta is pure reactive (I tested with WannaCry  and after having 3 files encrypted, the protection kicked in) and I have less chances of incompatibilities.

1 minute ago, Robert_X said:

Both these modules from MalwareBytes have a substantial impact on PC speed and also they are prone to create compatibility issues with another antivirus.

Not with Defender.

Compatibility's can be usually (depending on the other AV) can be fixed with exclusions if you must use with other products.

Malwarebytes now is considered an AV replacement. Far different from older versions from the lifetime license days.

In the end, it is your computer so of course you are free to use what you wish.

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Malwarebytes now is considered an AV replacement

Besides Malwarebytes company , nobody considers "Malwarebytes" an AV replacement.

Indeed , the present version is way different then the one in the past , but is far, far away from being an antivirus replacement. In one of your posts you mentioned "Malwarebytes is not designed to function like normal AV scanners and uses a new kind of scan engine that relies mostly on heuristics detection techniques rather than traditional threat signatures."

Heuristic detection techniques are not well developed yet , see the amount of FPs on this forum with the traditional answer " the detection will be fixed in 10 min " basically just added to a white list.

So, for the time being I will stick with a well known antivirus , with 100% on majority of tests and use only the Antiransomware module from Malwarebytes   (which in fact is CriptoMonitor of EasySync Solutions, owned by Nathan Scott)