New BSOD from mwac.sys

I use MalwareBytes Premium 4.3.0. It suddenly started throwing a mwac.sys BSOD multiple times within the last 2 days.

· OS - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ? - Windows 7
· x86 or x64 ? - x64
· What was original installed OS on system? - Windows 7 x64
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? - Retail
· Age of system (hardware) - Between 6 and 8 years (depending on the piece of hardware)

· CPU - AMD FX 8350
· Video Card - nVidia Geforece 1050ti
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop) - GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3

· System Manufacturer - N/A (Custom Built)

· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

Can you please collect and upload as an attachment the diagnostic data using our MBST?

• Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  • Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Greetings,

I believe there are known conflicts with the Web Protection in Malwarebytes (which uses MWAC.sys) and the web filtering/malicious site blocking component of Bitdefender.  Disabling one or the other should correct the issue, so if you wish to keep Web Protection active, disabling Bitdefender's website blocking component should fix it, and if you wish to keep Bitdefender's website blocking active, disabling Web Protection in Malwarebytes should resolve it.

Please let us know how it goes and if you continue to experience any issues.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, exile360 said:

I believe there are known conflicts with the Web Protection in Malwarebytes (which uses MWAC.sys) and the web filtering/malicious site blocking component of Bitdefender.  Disabling one or the other should correct the issue, so if you wish to keep Web Protection active, disabling Bitdefender's website blocking component should fix it, and if you wish to keep Bitdefender's website blocking active, disabling Web Protection in Malwarebytes should resolve it.

Thank you for the explanation. Since I have MBAM Premium on 3 devices, all of which also having BitDefender, I'll have to make the change across the board.

• 4 weeks later...

A new beta has been released which addresses some BSOD issues.  To install it, open Malwarebytes and navigate to settings by clicking the small gear icon in the upper right, then scroll down to Beta updates under the General tab and enable the option to install beta updates, then scroll back to the top and click the Check for updates button to have it download and install the new beta, then restart the system once it completes and test to see if the issue is now resolved.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Falneth said:

I assume I will need to re-enable the Web Protection module of MalwareBytes after installing the beta update in order to test to see if I still get these BSOD issues?

Correct

6 minutes ago, Falneth said:

This is the version that my MalwareBytes just updated to after enabling Beta updates. Please advise if this is the correct one.

mbam version.PNG

Yes, that's the new beta, component packate 1.0.1146.