Malwarebytes removes one keyboard shortcut

Hi, I know this sounds trivial but it's somewhat important to me being that I am an individual with a spinal cord injury that was incurred 30+ years ago. Getting old and wearing out! My situation forces me to use a mouthstick to do my typing due to the fact I have no motor use below my collar bones so I rely heavily on keyboard shortcuts. The shortcut of clicking the desktop and a letter will highlight an icon beginning with that letter allowing me to strike enter to open the highlighted icon. When I close or go back to the desktop all I need to do is strike another letter to open the next desired item due to the highlight still on the previous icon. When Malwarebytes is installed and running it prioritizes itself so I have to reclick the desktop to start the "letter" process again. Like I said this sounds trivial but my desktop is full of icons and I am very limited in movement. Is there a possible workaround regarding my problem? Thanks!

Hi and thanks but no, removing the shortcut icon does not change the behavior. I looked at and was thinking about changing the registry but in Malwarebytes case I don't want to make a mistake even though I saved the original. I suppose there is some point where I have to weigh product features vs the anti-virus already installed, f-secure, the time spent chasing a remedy vs living with it vs uninstalling and reinstalling in emergencies. A challenge is always nice though.

51 minutes ago, stvchris said:

the anti-virus already installed, f-secure

If I remember correctly, F-secure and Malwarebytes can have issues when used together.

I would  recommend creating exclusions between Malwarebytes and Your AV to help prevent any possible conflicts or performance issues.  Please add the items listed in this support article to Your AV 's allow list(s)/trust list(s)/exclusion list(s) particularly for any of its real-time protection components and likewise add Your AV 's program folder(s) (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) to Malwarebytes' Allow List using the method described under the Allow a file or folder section of this support article and do the same for its primary data folder which is likely located under C:\ProgramData (you may need to show hidden files and folders to see it).

• Staff
On 12/12/2020 at 4:55 PM, stvchris said:

When Malwarebytes is installed and running it prioritizes itself so I have to reclick the desktop to start the "letter" process again. Like I said this sounds trivial but my desktop is full of icons and I am very limited in movement. Is there a possible workaround regarding my problem? Thanks!

Greetings and thank you for using Malwarebytes!  We treat the accessibility of our product highly and want to make sure it does not impose an additional burden on you.

I followed what you said with one exception; when you say "prioritizes itself", I am not certain what you mean.  What I suspect you are saying is that something is taking the focus from the desktop. What makes you think that Malwarebytes is doing that?  Is something visually appearing on the screen that indicates Malwarebytes is taking focus away from the desktop?

I look forward to hearing back from you and figuring out a solution.