dogs vs cats

Yeeeet

are dogs the best companion, or cats? dogs crap in the yard and you can get giardiasis, but cats poop in a litter box. Both cats and dogs want attention, but dogs demand your attention a lot. Cats, can be somewhat annoying tough. Cats can be a little bit selfish, and dogs can too. But not as much as a cat lol.

Tell me in the comments what you think is the best pet.

Remember, do not start world war 3 with this lol.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue
  • Like 1

When I was young we had a dog that would bury its poop so that we never had to worry about smelling or stepping in dog poop in the yard.  It was the only dog I've ever seen or heard of that did this and it did it from the start as a puppy.  The strange thing is, this dog was a mutt and we had other dogs at the time that were normal (they didn't bury their poop) so it wasn't a learned behavior, and we didn't have cats or anything that the dog might have learned this behavior from.  The dog was extremely loyal and protective and he would walk with me to the end of the driveway each morning to meet the school bus and would always meet me at the end of the driveway in the afternoon when the bus would drop me off.  The dog was playful and never aggressive, but if one of us was threatened by anything he would become very aggressive, would growl and attack if need be (he once took on a large husky and won quickly even though this dog was tiny, sending the much larger dog bleeding and running with its tail between its legs).

I also had a cat once that I would describe as a ninja.  He would bolt around the house at breakneck speed, ripping down the hallway, running up the side of the couch, doing a backflip, landing facing in the opposite direction and bolt back down the hallway.  He would hide under the stairs and attack the ankles of ascending/descending humans and would occasionally pounce on the heads of unsuspecting humans while they slept (either because he was hungry or just for fun), but he was also very much a lap kitty and would sleep between the knees of humans for comfort and warmth.  He also liked to play with a mouse toy that was attached to a long elastic string which I once hung from a ceiling fan so that it would spin through the air.  He would latch onto it and swing around in a circle.  He could also jump onto the counter and then onto the top of the refrigerator.  Fast and fearless but also playful and kind.  It was nice having him around the house because I didn't generally have to worry about any creepy crawlies like spiders, scorpions, snakes or lizards because he would attack and kill pretty much anything that moved that was smaller than he was (and he would at least playfully attack pretty much anything that moved that was larger than he was :P).

Each of those animals was quite unique and I loved both.  I've also had horses and cows and ducks and chickens, but that particular dog and that particular cat were by far my favorites.

Edited by exile360
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, exile360 said:

When I was young we had a dog that would bury its poop so that we never had to worry about smelling or stepping in dog poop in the yard.  It was the only dog I've ever seen or heard of that did this and it did it from the start as a puppy.  The strange thing is, this dog was a mutt and we had other dogs at the time that were normal (they didn't bury their poop) so it wasn't a learned behavior, and we didn't have cats or anything that the dog might have learned this behavior from.  The dog was extremely loyal and protective and he would walk with me to the end of the driveway each morning to meet the school bus and would always meet me at the end of the driveway in the afternoon when the bus would drop me off.  The dog was playful and never aggressive, but if one of us was threatened by anything he would become very aggressive, would growl and attack if need be (he once took on a large husky and won quickly even though this dog was tiny, sending the much larger dog bleeding and running with its tail between its legs).

I also had a cat once that I would describe as a ninja.  He would bolt around the house at breakneck speed, ripping down the hallway, running up the side of the couch, doing a backflip, landing facing in the opposite direction and bolt back down the hallway.  He would hide under the stairs and attack the ankles of ascending/descending humans and would occasionally pounce on the heads of unsuspecting humans while they slept (either because he was hungry or just for fun), but he was also very much a lap kitty and would sleep between the knees of humans for comfort and warmth.  He also liked to play with a mouse toy that was attached to a long elastic string which I once hung from a ceiling fan so that it would spin through the air.  He would latch onto it and swing around in a circle.  He could also jump onto the counter and then onto the top of the refrigerator.  Fast and fearless but also playful and kind.  It was nice having him around the house because I didn't generally have to worry about any creepy crawlies like spiders, scorpions, snakes or lizards because he would attack and kill pretty much anything that moved that was smaller than he was (and he would at least playfully attack pretty much anything that moved that was larger than he was :P).

Each of those animals was quite unique and I loved both.  I've also had horses and cows and ducks and chickens, but that particular dog and that particular cat were by far my favorites.

dang nice. thank you for your opinion