Malware connected with MSI?

Hi over the last 2 days I have started to get alerts for malware with MSI in the name. I have Malwarebytes Premium 4.2.0 installed and set to scan at startup. I am running Win10 Home v1909 OS build 18363.1237. I have had no alerts for quite a while so this is a change. I have attached the 2 log files that refer to the problem, is this malware or false negative?

I am using MS firewall and virus protection and nothing triggered there.

MBAM-Bitcoinminer-removed.txt MBAM-MSI-malware.txt

25 minutes ago, LordOfKent said:

I have Malwarebytes Premium 4.2.0 installed

I would un quarantine those items and update Malwarebytes and scan again.

The current version is 4.3.0.98 component package 1.0.1130

you have Version: 4.2.0.82 Components Version: 1.0.1025

The bitcoin miner one looks like a false positive from a few days ago and the malware AI items also look the same.

Edited by Porthos

Thanks Porthos I have un quarantine 3 out of the 4, one wouldn't restore due to it being in use, it was the MODAPI.SYS. So re-installed Dragon to correct it.

Tried to update program but I am told it is up to date, but it's not so is it best to uninstall and download the latest and install that? Will my settings be wiped if I do that, I can't remember when I had to do that before what happened.

Sorry if it's obvious but the years have taken their toll on some memory 🙂

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you