PUP.Optional.22ChromeEXT is not removed

Go to solution Solved by Maurice Naggar,

Thank you for the support-tool-reports-file.  Indeed this system does have remains of Google Chrome.  That is how Adwcleaner flagged one extension for Chrome.
These remains can be removed.  Not sure how you had gone before about uninstalling Chrome.  But it did leave traces behind.
Just by the way, on different matter, there are 2 very obsolete versions of Java that you need to Uninstall using Control Panel.
Java 7 Update 55   &   Java 8 Update 65 .
Go to your Desktop.  Delete the old file named Fixlist.txt

I have a new one for you attached below.

The system will be rebooted after the script has run.

This custom script is for  VladDegtiar  only / for this machine only.

Close and save any open work files before starting this procedure.    If there are any CD / DVD / or USB-flash-thumb or USB-storage drives attached,  please disconnect any of those.

The  custom Fix script is going to be used by the FRST.exe   tool   which you have on your Desktop folder.

Please save the (attached file named) FIXLIST.txt   to the  DESKTOP  folder   

Start the Windows Explorer and then, to the Desktop   folder.

RIGHT click on  FRST.exe    and select RUN as Administrator and allow it to proceed.  Reply YES when prompted to allow to run.
  to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.
IF Windows prompts you about running this, select YES to allow it to proceed.

IF you get a block message from Windows about this tool......
click line More info information on that screen
and click button Run anyway on next screen.

on the FRST window:
Click the Fix button just once, and wait.

frst-fix.jpg.f6a25291b39a03d418acc9a3b7136900.jpg

PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. This run here should be fairly quick.
If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.
The tool will complete its run after restart.
When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run.

Please attach the FIXLOG.txt with your next reply later, at your next opportunity   

Please know this will do a Windows Restart.   Just let it do its thing.  

Do let me know how things are overall,  after all this.

Sincerely.

Fixlist.txt

• Thanks 1

Thank you for that log-report.  That has cleaned up the last traces of Chrome browser.  As I noted before, there had been old traces left behind due to the way Chrome was removed before.   Now, your system is good to go.

To remove the FRST  tool & its work files, do this.  Go to your Downloads folder.  Do a RIGHT-click on FRSTENGLISH.exe & select RENAME & then change it to UNINSTALL.exe .
Then run that ( double click on it)  to begin the cleanup process.

Delete mbst-grab-results.zip   on the Desktop

Delete mb-support-1.80.848.exe

Any other download file I had you download, you may delete.

Let me know in case you need other help at this point.

Sincerely.

• Like 1

Hello.   The Windows 7 operating system on this machine is very very old & is not supported by Microsoft.  You could get a free upgrade to Windows 10 operating system from Microsoft.
See "How to Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free"
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/139745-upgrade-windows-10-windows-7-free.html

Stay safe.  I wish you all the best.

• Thanks 1

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you

• Like 1