FP beaconapp.cc

ThomMcGrath

A user today alerted me that my domain beaconapp.cc is being blocked by the gTLD rule. Honestly, I can't say that Malwarebytes is wrong to block all .cc domains... I never liked using it. That's why I'm moving to usebeacon.app instead. Regardless, can I get beaconapp.cc whitelisted? I'd be happy to provide anything necessary for validation.

This is a Browser Guard Block. I will Alert the proper team to investigate. There is no need for any further action from you at this time.

While we wait for staff. A note on Website blocked due to a suspicious top level domain (TLD)

Non-standard TLD's (biz/cc/info/xyz/online and so on) are commonly used for malicious purposes.  Malwarebytes err on the side of caution to assure that we are protecting our users. If our users encounter a block, they report it (as you did), it gets tested, and if it is determined to be safe, it gets whitelisted.

@gonzo

• Staff

I have just verified that beaconapp.cc is accessible with Browser Guard-enabled Firefox AND Chrome browsers.  There is also no indication of recent changes to whitelists.  You should not be encountering any issues.

• Staff

I cannot speak for the past, but your screenshot is definitely a Browser Guard block message.  When did your user receive this message?

Edited by gonzo
Cleaned up my wording