Hard like browser guard when it blocks my own website !

glbcpajd
Go to solution Solved by gonzo,

I want to like Browser Guard, but why does it want to block my own website which is nothing but perfectly normal.   Browser Guard wants to block my business website as either having a TLD problem of some undescribed nature or as having scammer content.  Does Browser Guard think all businesses are scammers or just attorneys? /sarcasm

Here is my website https://www.TexasBusinessLawyer.biz .  Can you explain what TLD problem Browser Guard thinks there is with this website, and also can you please explain why Browser Guard thinks this website that does nothing but describe who I am and the services I provide is somehow a scammer website?

Can you fix this problem?  Is there something I can do to fix this problem?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, glbcpajd said:

Can you fix this problem?  Is there something I can do to fix this problem?

While we wait for staff. A note on Website blocked due to a suspicious top level domain (TLD)

Non-standard TLD's (biz/cc/info/xyz/online and so on) are commonly used for malicious purposes.  Malwarebytes err on the side of caution to assure that we are protecting our users. If our users encounter a block, they report it (as you did), it gets tested, and if it is determined to be safe, it gets whitelisted.

Porthos, thanks for the reply.  I had no idea .biz domains were considered "non-standard".  I know of course they are not as often used as .com.  I've had this domain for 7 years.  I chose the .biz variant because the .com variant was being held by some crappy person who tries to make money off of registering domain names, not using them, but offering to sell them to any person who wanted that name.  Rather than pay the scammer I just went with the .biz variant.  Fortunately for me Google organic search does NOT treat my .biz domain name as "non-standard" in its search results.

• Staff
  • Solution

The lion's share of non-standard TLDs (everything but .com/.edu/.org/.net) are legitimate and pose no issues.  Unfortunately, a lion's share of the unscrupulous sites use non-standard TLDs and those are the ones we are guarding against.  When a legitimate site is reported (as you did), we verify the block, test the site, and act accordingly.

This site has been whitelisted. Please allow 15-30 minutes for changes to take effect.

• Staff

It was found to be blocked, tested and whitelisted. Please allow 15-30 minutes for changes to take effect.

• gonzo locked this topic