Help requested on removing PUP Bikiniland and other malware!

To anyone who can assist!

I have come across an issue with my internet being increasingly slow. Upon further investigation, and using Malwarebytes excellent detection software, i have found that malware (pup bikiniland, pup ask) being continually being reinstalled and present every time i reopen chrome. I have tried resetting the "account sync" for Chrome per the instructions of the post that solution regards, to no avail. Attached are multiple scans done that were outlined in the post created indicating how to inquire for assistance. "scan.txt" indicates a scan done without the rootkit scan function enabled, and "root.txt" indicates a scan done with the rootkit scan function enabled.

Blessings!

Ryan S. 

FRST.txt scan.txt root.txt Addition.txt

Additionally, i also deleted the "User data" folder under "app data... chrome". After startup, and before signing in and syncing, i ran Malwarebytes and nothing was detected! But immediately after syncing, the malware was detected after a subsequent scan... I could not locate the option to "reset sync" following the instructions, only "clear data" was listed. 

Admin: unless i need assistance later on, i believe i have found the solution to my issue. I have replicated the solution and found that going to the search engine section of chrome allowed "bikiniland" and "ask" search engines to be enabled. Deleting these from the list proved to eliminate detection of the malware by malwarebytes software. 

Steps Taken:

1. Click on three verticle dot button in top right corner

2. Click Settings

3. In the Settings window, type "Search Engine" into the search bar on the page

4. Click "Manage Search Engines" drop down list

5. Disable unwanted search engines in "Default Search Engines" and "Other Search Engines" drop down list (bikiniland and ask were listed in other search engines category)

I hope this helps others with this type of issue!! I currently have an issue with logitech ghub recognizing my logitech mouse and keyboard, but hopefully that isnt a side effect of the issues i was dealing with haha.

Many Blessings!

Ryan S.

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks