Is it possible to whitelist Disqus for all sites?

Bender

I'm finding that Browser Guard, by default, prevents the discussion platform Disqus from live updating. So far I've been able to individually trust Disqus on individual web sites that use the platform but I literally have dozens of sites that I visit that use the service. Is there a way to globally whitelist Disqus for all sites that I visit that use the platform?

referrer.disqus.com
links.services.disqus.com
realtime.services.disqus.com

46 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Please give me an example of a block as shown by Browser Guard.  I have tried each of the three URLs you mentioned, and an active block should have triggered if there was one in force.

Here's the behavior; I can go to any web site that uses the Disqus platform, a set of comments will load once I scroll down to the comments section and if I want to I can post my own comment. What doesn't happen is any live updates showing responses to my comments, up or down votes, or notification that additional comments have been made. Once I trust some combination of the links that I provided, the page will reload and then the Disqus portion of the page will "go live" and update dynamically as normal.

I am asking if there's a way to globally "Trust" Disqus so that no matter what web site I'm on, the live updates function normally without me having to intervene?

I do not add whitelist entries for sites that are not exhibiting a need for an entry to be added.  Being able to reproduce the issue is needed.  If you would like to close your browser, restart it, reproduce the issue and immediately download logs and send them to me, you can avoid telling me a site where the problem is experienced.  Alternatively, you can give me a URL.  Using a shotgun method when trying to correct a problem is prone to mistakes, and adding questionable whitelist entries can lead to integrity issues on our end.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 1:16 PM, Bender said:

I'm finding that Browser Guard, by default, prevents the discussion platform Disqus from live updating. So far I've been able to individually trust Disqus on individual web sites that use the platform but I literally have dozens of sites that I visit that use the service. Is there a way to globally whitelist Disqus for all sites that I visit that use the platform?

referrer.disqus.com

links.services.disqus.com

realtime.services.disqus.com

There is a way

Instead ublock disqus at each site, put hte 3 URLs at allow list

@leo3487,

While your answer works for that one person, every other person who experiences the issue has to do the same thing to get it to work properly.  What I was trying to do was to gather information from Browser Guard so that an effective whitelist entry could be added on our end.  There is not just one whitelist, and it may be an intermediary site that triggers the block on disqus while not actually being disqus itself.  My offer still holds.  If I can get logs that show the problem, I will do what is necessary to fix the problem.