Request to whitelist chforum.info

GroveGeeks
Go to solution Solved by gonzo,

15 minutes ago, GroveGeeks said:

which is causing the black listing?

While we wait for staff. A note on Website blocked due to a suspicious top level domain (TLD)

Non-standard TLD's (biz/cc/info/xyz/online and so on) are commonly used for malicious purposes.  Malwarebytes err on the side of caution to assure that we are protecting our users. If our users encounter a block, they report it (as you did), it gets tested, and if it is determined to be safe, it gets whitelisted.

Thanks for the info - that's great. By "report it" - is this the right/best way to report it? I was reluctant to tick the " Do not block this site again for scam" when I encountered the block, as I'm assuming that's just a local thing - and I'm keen to be sure when the block is removed. Am I right in that assertion?

Julian

• Solution

The site has been whitelisted. Please allow 15-30 minutes for changes to take effect.

You were correct to not allow the site, although in this case it would have been okay to allow it.  Many people assume everything is always okay and it can't happen to them.  It sometimes does, even on the most trusted websites.

• gonzo locked this topic