The program TXdocs has been marked as ransomware

TXDocs

WB-Log.txt TXdocs (document assembly engine - for Texas lawyers) just released a new update. The update installer called fullsetup.exe and the application for the program TXdocs.exe were flagged as Ransomware.  I have attached the traceback logs of this occurrence from a windows 10 client machine to this message. Please review the attached details and get back to me.

Log-ed4c114c-3316-11eb-aa15-54bf6466745c.txt

• Staff

Hi,

Can you zip and attach the fullsetup.exe that is being detected so we can have a look?

Edited to add - figured out, based on the log, that the file is too big to zip and attach. In either way, we'll work with the info that we have from the log in order to fix this, so the file isn't needed anymore.

For now, just create an exclusion for the file.

Thanks!

Edited by miekiemoes

• Staff

Hi @TXDocs - would it be possible to run our data collection tool on the machine which experienced the detection of the TxDocs.exe file?

Can you please collect and upload as an attachment the diagnostic data using our MBST?

• Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  • Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

If you prefer, you can send that data to me via Private Message.

• 7 months later...

Deal Malwarebytes support. I have located a client who can reproduce the Malwarebytes message flagging our program. I'm attaching the logs from Malwarebytes support tool to this message as well as a break down of the users system information. The user is running your endpoint protection application on a:

• OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
  • Version    10.0.19043 Build 19043
  • System Manufacturer    Dell Inc.
  • System Model    Inspiron 3847

Please review the data within this log and message me if any further files are required to fix this issue.

mbst-grab-results.zip