Malwarebytes from a flash drive?

srtools,

ty for the greeting.

Are you saying that the installer will put MB on the flashdrive if the installer is on the flashdrive?

ty

fbkaiser

Welcome fbkaiser

Assuming that you are having the Mbam.exe file saved in your flashdrive, you have to execute the prog. in your system.

After executing you can offcourse update.

Please be free to post if my assumption is incorrect.

Regards.

Hello fbkaiser.

Assuming that you are having the Mbam.exe file saved in your flashdrive, you have to execute the prog. in your system.

Mbam.exe is the executable that executes Malwarebytes Anti-Malware when installed on the system. Simply executing the Mbam.exe on a flash-drive will not work. Even if Malwarebytes was already installed on your system and you copy the mbam.exe executable to the root of your flash-drive and execute it, it wouldn't work.

Are you saying that the installer will put MB on the flashdrive if the installer is on the flashdrive?

The installer for malwarebytes is mbam-setup.exe. This is the executable that can install Malwarebytes on a system. For instance, you download that executable onto your flash-drive and stick the flash-drive in another system and try running the mbam-setup.exe file, it would work still. Then, you can install Malwarebytes to a location you wish. Default is :\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Regarding your initial question, perhaps you can re-word or explain it a bit further?

Can I load Malwarebytes from a flashdrive? If so, I must assume that it is updatable as well?

What exaclty are you referring to by "load". Do you mean installing it or simply just running it without installing it? I'm not exaclty too clear on that so if you can explain a bit, I may answer your question in a better manner.

With Regards,

Extremeboy

Thank you to srtool and exremeboy for helping.

I want to run Malbytes with is latest update on a pc that cannot be connected to the internet.

I know that I could run the app with no need to be online, but how would I get the update file?

I have this question about AVG too. I assume the answer will apply to both.

ty

fbkaiser

fbkaiser,

To clear things up... You will need to download the installation file from this link (avoid clicking any advertisements) and you will need to move this installation file over to your flash drive. Next, update MBAM from your computer. Then, copy the rules.ref file that can be located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ to your flash drive. Take that flash drive and insert it into the infected computer and run the installation file. By default it will run install to your Windows partition (normally C:) \Program Files\MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware\. Then copy over the rules.ref file to the same directory that you copied it from, onto the infected computer.