Blocked inbound connections - port 80 frequently

Hutzpah

I have been experiencing that malwarebytes often gives me notifications of blocking inbound connections to my pc.
This makes me believe i may have an infected pc.
I have malwarebytes premium and windows 10 standard firewall and security

I have attached the farbar files, threat scan and 5 of the most reason notifications.
I hope you have some advice.

Best Regards

Hutzpah

FRST.txt Addition.txt Threat scan.txt Block 1.txt Block 2.txt Block 3.txt Block 4.txt Block 5.txt

Hi,     :welcome:
My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.
Let me know what first name you prefer to go by.

Please follow my directions as we go along.    
Please only just attach   all report files, etc  that I ask for as we go along.
Thanks for the reports. 

The block notices  by the web protection of the Malwarebytes for Windows mean that your system is being kept safe from potential harm.

No, it does not mean that the machine has a actual infection.  The potential harm is External of your system.  The few Inbound blocks were stopped.   full stop.

There were a few different IP addresses  & one of them was marked as "Compromised".

See this support article   "Receiving message - Website blocked due to compromise"
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048565893-Receiving-message-Website-blocked-due-to-compromise

Do all that you can of suggestions on that article  ( you have sent the block reports, so no need for more copies).

In addition:

See this article on our Malwarebytes Blog
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/technology/2019/01/browser-push-notifications-feature-asking-abused/

You want to disable the ability of each web browser on this machine from being able to allow "push ads". That means Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browser (on Windows 10), or on Opera.

Scroll down to the tips section "How do I disable them".

If this pc has the Google Chrome browser, or the Brave browser, I suggest you install the Malwarebytes Browser guard for Chrome.

To get & install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension for Chrome,

Open this link in your Chrome   browser: 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee

Then proceed with the setup.    [   and if you have EDGE browser, use Edge to go to the link above & also install that same Guard on it from the link above]

For    Mozilla Firefox, to get & install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard  Firefox extension.

Open this link in your Firefox browser:   

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/malwarebytes/

Then proceed with the setup.

That link is for English US.   There are other language version.  Just go to the very bottom right of the page and look at “Change language” list drop down.

Hello Maurice, you may call me Hutzpah
I have firefox and have added the malwarebytes now, currently have ABP (adblock plus), uBlock origin and now your version as well. ( added to edge aswell)

Windows Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is set to off - and has been always

I have change firefox notification settings to "Block new requests asking to allow notifications"
(edge aswell)

Would you recomend setting up a new rule in my windows fire wall?
Prehaps for port 80 or a specific IP?
And if so, how would i do so correctly?

Best regards
Hutzpah

See how Firefox behaves from this point forward.  Having 3 browser guards is probably too many.

Do not do anything as regards to port 80.  Otherwise you would put your browsers at risk of not working properly.  Port 80 is one of the most commonly used port numbers in the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) suite. Any Web/HTTP client, such as a Web browser, uses port 80 to send and receive requested Web pages.

For the I P  addresses that have been listed in the Block events by Malwarebytes:   

You can block one or more IP addresses in the Windows 10'  Windows Firewall
See   https://www.cm3solutions.com/block-ip-address-ip-range-using-windows-firewall/

To get started go to Control Panel >>System and Security >> Windows Defender Firewall     and then on the left side list, click on Advanced Settings
then follow the example in the article cited above.
Keep in mind that the "probers" will be using different IP addresses.   So it is likely that your machine may get alerts for other IP addresses.
-  - - - - - -----------------------------
The Real Time Protection of Malwarebytes for Windows Premium is actively doing it's job to protect the system.

I  would recommend that if you have a internet-connection-router hardware at home,  that you look over this article
"How to Enable Your Wireless Router's Built-in Firewall"
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-enable-your-wireless-routers-built-in-firewall-2487668

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Additional note.   At your next chance, do this one adjustment.     

There is one setting in Malwarebytes that needs to be off.   So that the Microsoft Windows Defender is all enabled.   The Premium  protections of Malwarebytes will still be on.

Start Malwarebytes. Click Settings ( gear ) icon. Next, lets make real sure that Malwarebytes does NOT register with Windows Security Center 

Click the Security Tab. Scroll down to 

"Windows Security Center"

Click the selection to the left  for the line "Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center".

{ Off is all the way to the left.  }

Close Malwarebytes when done.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks