advice needed

got a new Android moto g 7 cellphone...   after 30 days now ads are starting to pop-up,  appear, in the email, & home page....  need some advice on what to get, as a ad-blocker? 

What are the people using out there?  thx. for your time    have a safe weekend. cheers !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yardbird said:

got a new Android moto g 7 cellphone...   after 30 days now ads are starting to pop-up,  appear, in the email, & home page....  need some advice on what to get, as a ad-blocker? 

What are the people using out there?  thx. for your time    have a safe weekend. cheers !!

You can try Kiwi browser, which has many features, incl. ad blocking. or also try Aloha browser (but preferred Kiwi browser).

Edited by sman
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the info... I had redirects with its KIWI install ??  it took me  to CNN  &  NPR?   The Free Malwarebytes Security: Virus Cleaner, Anti-Malware - came up clean (as I said above,  before I tried the Kiwi Browser) -  So I bought the Malwarebytes program for the Android phone.  ( a buck a month)  it still came up clean - even with a deep scan. 

I'm  wondering, if or why it has 2 sometimes, 3 icons on the top left of the phone?    anyone else have that issue..... ?  thx.   cheers ! 

Just now, yardbird said:

Thanks for all the info... I had redirects with its KIWI install ??  it took me  to CNN  &  NPR?   The Free Malwarebytes Security: Virus Cleaner, Anti-Malware - came up clean (as I said above,  before I tried the Kiwi Browser) -  So I bought the Malwarebytes program for the Android phone.  ( a buck a month)  it still came up clean - even with a deep scan. 

I'm  wondering, if or why it has 2 sometimes, 3 icons on the top left of the phone?    anyone else have that issue..... ?  thx.   cheers ! 

phone.jpg

• Like 1

Oh. I hv tried kiwi / aloha and had no issues. I will try them with my mobile now and see if there r any such issues 

Installed Kiwi w/o any issues. there is an option to 'hide annoying ads' and selecting it, just blocks ads and works good.

Edited by sman

after trying a few web-browser that claiming their web browser is built-in-ad-blocker and saying that their ad-blocker is able to blocking almost all ads but its not because the ads will suddenly be appeared on almost all web-sites !!!!

So I have to trying well-known names of ad-blocker companies like AD-Guard Blocker which I would recommend it to you to be your AD-blocker extension that has a powerful Protection !  

I also I will recommend Samsung web-browser for your Mobile with AD-Guard to be installed :)

beware of all others web-browser on Google play store ! a lot of ads-blocker and  web-browser by scammers out there !

There's a problem with Kiwi Browser which I came across that it's not updated for long, and a browser which doesn't update in keeping with latest vulnerabilities is a risk. Yes. can try out Brave, or as suggested Samsung browser with adguard (can't confirm it's effectiveness, but adguard works only with 2 browsers yandexand samsung). so shd work.

Hi @yardbird,

Are you still having issues?  

It sounds like what you are experiencing is browser related ads. This is caused by the way most browsers handle redirections executed by javascript code.  Most browsers don't do a great job of preventing these redirects, which also cause ad pop-ups.  Advertising affiliates are aware of this, and exploit this weakness.  Even if an advertising affiliate is shut down for using this exploit, they just come back with a different affiliate id and are right back at it.

The best way to block these pop-ups are to try a different browsers (which it looks like you are doing), disable javascript, install a browser with ad blocking (I like Brave personally), and/or install Ad-block Plus.

If you encounter these pop-ups again, back out of them using Android's back key. Also, clearing your history and cache will help stop the ads from reoccurring.

Thanks for reaching out,

Nathan

• Thanks 1