Surprise Surprise! A false positive from malwarebytes

rocketracoon
Go to solution Solved by gonzo,

5 minutes ago, rocketracoon said:

Can you work on fixing your software and remove us from the block? Please and thank you

This is a Browser Guard Block. I will Alert the proper team to investigate.

@gonzo

Even those who use a standard top level domain can be subject to a reputation block based on past history, or on the volume of traffic directed to the site.  A low level of activity can indicate a new site, or a malware experimental site.  Again, we err on the side of caution, but the overall goal is to protect our users.

Edited by Porthos

Each time a false positive is provided by Malwarebytes, a companies bottom line is affected. While I understand the need to protect your customers. It should come at the cost of all the affected businesses out there. Thank you for sending this off to the team which can fix it, however this should never have happened in the first place.

1 hour ago, rocketracoon said:

Each time a false positive is provided by Malwarebytes, a companies bottom line is affected. While I understand the need to protect your customers.

The Malwarebytes product that blocked this is the Free Browser guard. It is not the same as the flagship paid Malwarebytes program, The main program does not block your site.

Although Browser guard uses the same database it also has heuristic abilities and is more aggressive. It is also easily by passable as well.

It is another free line of defense that has proven effective and when reports of false positives are made they get fixed pretty quick when posted in the correct section.

2020-11-20_15h35_19.png

It really doesn't matter whether or not Malwarebytes is charging for the product that falsely flagged the site. The product falsely flags a site, which did nothing to deserve it. The customers don't purchase from the site and will stay away from it moving forward. The impact is real. If Malwarebytes can't figure out a proper way of identifying those sites which are infected they have no business throwing up a flag. It's like yelling fire in a packed theatre. Whether the movie was free or not, the repercussions are the same. Is Malwarebytes going to reimburse all those business for their loss, because of this issue? What this product is doing, is indefensible and I will send a letter of complaint to the company and will file a grievance with bbb. I understand this isn't you, but really who is responsible for this garbage?

• gonzo locked this topic