4.2.3.96 with CP 1.0.1112 and Location of Penetration option

10 minutes ago, Clang said:

Should this be turned on?

NO... That is why the program is trying to hide it and pop up a warning if someone finds it and enables it.

Well, it was originally on Settings > scroll down to Exploit protection and it was listed right there and OFF by default.  So many people have been turning it on and it caused a lot of FP's in the past month so with CU21 (version released this past Monday)  it is moved to Exploit > Advanced settings in its own tab.  Also, now if someone goes to turn it on, there is a 'warning' of sorts.

block penetration 4.2.3.96.png

Penetration testing in Advanced Settings.png

Penetration testing warning.png

•  

• Staff

😄 But they are great pics!

That is the way it should be, so I'm glad it's still fine for you.  For the others - Engineering is looking into this, thanks so much for providing the logs

1 hour ago, f14tomcat said:

Sorry, got carried away with pics!  ☺️

Old saying a picture is worth a thousands words. So you saved yourself 6000 words😀

15 hours ago, Clang said:

Should this be turned on?

To answer your question @Clang.

Yes turn off Penetration Testing because it has the ability to block certain apps from performing correctly. One for example is Malwarebytes Privacy.

Happy and safe surfing!

• Like 1
  • Staff

Thanks so much Bill, appreciate it!   I've sent it over to them, with the addition of yours, they now feel they have enough.  I'll post in here when there is an update

@Ried

Don't know what happened exactly, but now the option is showing in the Advanced settings on its own Penetration Testing tab.  I did no updates of Malwarebytes (I have auto updates disabled and did no check for updates).  The only thing I did was reboot a couple times today.  Maybe that did it?

Bill

15 hours ago, BillH99999 said:

@Ried

Don't know what happened exactly, but now the option is showing in the Advanced settings on its own Penetration Testing tab.  I did no updates of Malwarebytes (I have auto updates disabled and did no check for updates).  The only thing I did was reboot a couple times today.  Maybe that did it?

Bill

Two of my system in daily use now show the same new location. My Laptop which has been off since last Thursday still had the older option location. I ran update and then a restart and no change. I just checked again and it has changed to the new location.  I don't care how it happen but it's done.