Greetings,

If you haven't done so already, please check for updates to ensure you have the latest build as a new version (2.0.3.447) was recently released.  If the latest wasn't already installed, please update then restart your system and see if the issue is resolved or not.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Thanks, I figured as much but it was worth a try.  Please post the following diagnostic logs so that we may take a look:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

Thank you.  Looking at your logs, I see that Bitdefender is installed.  Just to rule it out, would you mind uninstalling it to see if it helps?  Since Bitdefender has a firewall, I just want to make sure that Privacy isn't conflicting with Bitdefender somehow, resulting in the issues you're experiencing.

Thanks

OK, at this point it's best to go ahead and create a ticket with Support on the helpdesk as others have who are experiencing this issue.  They'll be able to perform deeper diagnostics that we don't here on the forums since some of the info they'll need to look at shouldn't be posted publicly.  To do so, please fill out the form on this page and they will contact you via email.  Please keep in mind that it may take several days to get a response as they've been quite busy lately, but hopefully it won't take too long and the issue will be promptly resolved.

The instructions below (copied from the Microsoft support article I linked to above) should get you into Safe Mode:

Before you enter safe mode, you need to enter the Windows Recovery Environment (winRE). To do this, you will repeatedly turn your device off, then on:

1. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.

2. Press the power button again to turn on your device.

3. On the first sign that Windows has started (for example, some devices show the manufacturer’s logo when restarting) hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.

4. Press the power button again to turn on your device.

5. When Windows restarts, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.

6. Press the power button again to turn on your device.

7. Allow your device to fully restart. You will enter winRE.

Now that you are in winRE, you will follow these steps to take you to safe mode:

1. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.

Choose an option screen in the Windows Recovery Environment.

Troubleshoot screen in the Windows Recovery Environment.

Advanced options screen in the Windows Recovery Environment.

Startup Settings  screen in the Windows Recovery Environment.

2. After your device restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select option 5 from the list or press F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

Excellent, I'm glad to hear that.  Before we proceed I want to make sure that you have good backups of any important data just in case you run into any further issues and I would also advise creating a System Restore point in case you should need to roll back any changes.  Instructions on creating a restore point can be found in this Microsoft support article.

Next, please go ahead and check for any available Windows Updates; you'll find details on how to do that within this Microsoft support article.  Just expand the How do I manually update my PC? FAQ entry for detailed instructions.  If any updates are available, allow Windows to install them then restart your system, then check for updates again and repeat until no new updates are found.

Once that's done, download a fresh copy of the latest version of Malwarebytes Privacy from here; just enter the email address associated with your Malwarebytes account and click Continue and it should provide the download for the latest version.  Go ahead and install it, then restart your system to ensure that it doesn't cause any issues this time then test to make sure that it is able to connect and that your connection is stable.

Hopefully you won't run into the boot loop issue again, but if you do, simply boot into Safe Mode again and uninstall Malwarebytes Privacy once more.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Thanks, go ahead and create a ticket with Malwarebytes Support as suggested above if you didn't do so already.  The issue might be related to your wireless adapter as I noticed the most recent driver update listed for it is from 2018, meaning several major Windows 10 versions have been released since that driver was last updated.  That doesn't mean it is definitely the cause, but it might be related.

In the meantime, please post a fresh set of diagnostic logs just so I can make sure there are no remnants of Bitdefender left behind:

1. Run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Once that's done I'll leave you in Malwarebytes Support's capable hands and hopefully they will be able to find and solve the root cause of the issue.

Thanks

Thanks for the logs.  Support will likely want to look at the memory dumps from the crashes you experienced as well.  They are listed below:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111820-25750-01.dmp
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111820-25109-01.dmp
C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

To get them ready for Support, locate each file and copy/paste it or move it to a location where you have full permissions such as your desktop or your Downloads folder, then select all 3 files and right-click on one of them and hover your mouse over Send to and select Compressed (zipped) folder then upload the resulting ZIP folder to WeTransfer.com so that Support may download them from there.  To do so please follow the instructions below:

• Visit WeTransfer.com and click I Agree, then click where it says Manage Cookies and toggle each of the pre-enabled cookie options to the off position and click Save and Close
  • Next, click the small circle icon containing 3 periods (...) next to where it says Transfer and select the option Get transfer link
  • Scroll up in the same area and click the large blue + button and browse to the location of the ZIP folder and select it then click Open and wait for the file to finish uploading
  • Once it completes you will be provided with a download link for the file; copy and paste it into a text editor such as Notepad and save the file to a convenient location so that you may retrieve the link to provide it to Support

Once Support responds to you, go ahead and inform them about the crashes you experienced, linking them to this thread so that they will see what we've tried and the issues you've documented and provide them with the link to download the file from WeTransfer.com (this will help them to troubleshoot the root cause of the crash/boot loop issue).

Thanks

21 minutes ago, uncle_adolph said:

Just to point out I haven't heard in response to my ticket.

Am I likely to soonish?

It can take 7 or more weekdays not including weekends and US holidays.

Please post your ticket number.