• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As Al mentioned, it's still Intel-only code. However, our testing with Apple Silicon shows that it works without any issues. I can't provide a specific timeframe for when native code for the M1 chip w

The 4.8.10 beta appears to have fixed the time machine app launching issue.

Posted Images

This error pops up during a Time Machine backup with CPU usage set to "Low". It doesn't happen when it's set to "High". I haven't done enough testing with "Medium" to verify if the issues occurs with it. The aforementioned sluggish app launching issue was only experienced with CPU usage set to "High". This issue wasn't solved by a Malwarebytes reinstall and a MacOS reinstall.image.thumb.png.c66d70848fc27e53970d4f87f6501179.png

The latest 11.3 betas (and potentially final release) breaks a component in the MalwareBytes software on the M1 chips, so a reinstall is necessary upon each update.

I've reported the bug to Apple several times as it's affecting other Intel based products (Splashtop Streamer, and previously Backblaze - but no longer).

Hopefully a native version will resolve this quirk though, as I'm not sure what component is getting disabled/broken upon upgrade.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:50 PM, wizdomonwheels said:

The latest 11.3 betas (and potentially final release) breaks a component in the MalwareBytes software on the M1 chips, so a reinstall is necessary upon each update.

MacOS 11.3 installed now (final version released today)

Malwarebytes no longer functional. The following screen appeared (it had already happened a few times but it was enough to close and reopen the app) with a prohibition signal on the M of the menu bar

to fix it was necessary to reinstall the Malwarebytes app on itself.

1245745126_Schermata2021-04-26alle22_57_09.thumb.jpg.883f94d845089c3befaeb48ece63483e.jpg

• Staff

I see the same thing here, but it looks like simply restarting the system is all that is required to get it working again. However, the dev team will be looking into this to see how to prevent it from happening.

• 3 weeks later...