eldestape.com displaced when ads/trackers blocking is on

leo3487

I have spent time on this site with both Firefox and Chrome browsers, viewing the site with no caches in effect and both with and without Browser Guard in use.  Here is what I found:

That huge blank space is the design of the website.  It appears that the space was once occupied by a full screen ad that is no longer present, and the ad ran for less than ten seconds before the contents of the screen slid up into place.  If you waited for ten seconds, you probably would have noticed the difference.

• Without Browser Guard, there is an ad for a car manufacturer that appears at the bottom of the screen that stays there at all times.  With Browser Guard, that ad is blocked.
  • Without Browser Guard, a 30-second video ad appears at the bottom right of the screen, partially overlaying the ad at the bottom center of the screen.  It runs continuously.  With Browser Guard, that ad is also blocked.

Browser Guard is blocking between 9-11 different ads and trackers from that web page, and it appears to me that it is doing exactly what it was designed to do.  You are free to allow any of the ads/trackers for your own viewing, but it does not appear that any whitelisting is justified here.

• Like 1