High CPU usage until opening task manager

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. Since a few days, my computer is using a lot of CPU. When opening task manager, all of a sudden the usage drops down again and everything is quiet. I looked on this forum and downloaded Malwarebytes and AWDcleaner. I ran a scan with Malwarebytes, including archives and rootkits (took almost 4 hours). Malwarebytes found 13 threats. I deleted those. After that, I ran a scan with ADWcleaner. Again, it found 3 threats and I deleted them. Now, the problem is still not resolved. The CPU usage is still high, untill opening task manager. Can anyone help me solving this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Leo

UPDATE:

I ran both scans several times. the Malwarebytes scan does not encounter threats anymore. However, when I run ADWcleaner, the exact same threats are reported. If I run a scan, 3 threats pop-up (logs attached). I put them in quarantaine and I remove them. Then, ADWcleaner asks me to restart the computer. After doing that and running the scan again, the same 3 threats are reported, put in quarantaine, removed, computer restarted, and so on. 

AdwCleaner[C03].txt

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST).
Choose the 32 or 64 bit version for your system.
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please Attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Select Click the Choose a File.
Navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file. It will appear in section.
Click the Saving button.

Please attach the logs for my review.

Let me know what problems persists.

Wait for further instructions

p.s.
This program is updated often.
If it's identified as suspicious by your Anti-Virus program trust it if Downloaded from the link I provided.
You should restore the program from the Quarantine folder.
====

p.s.
Please let me know if your Default Browse is synced with other devices.

Hi,

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

If the problem persists and Chrome is Synced with other Devices reset it.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/258886-chrome-secure-preferences-detection-always-returns/

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/185277

Execute the suggested fix.

Restart the computer normally.
===========

Is the problem solved?

fixlist.txt

Hi nasdaq,

I followed the step when Google chrome is synched, but without succes. I did found out that it has to do with the synched Google chrome; see my attached screenshot. 

image.png.76737fbd29e632ee5a29e73e8c655e05.png

I also found out that the CPU usage is high, until i 1) open task manager or 2)Malwarebytes. Long story short, I cannot figure out how to so the Google Chrome synchronisation. Could you help me with that, please?

• Root Admin

Hello @Leo_Bambi

Please see the following topic. If the computer is not infected then what you appear to be experiencing is normal.

CPU Usage always at 70%+ until task manager is open
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/252362-cpu-usage-always-at-70-until-task-manager-is-open/

Hi AdvancedSetup,

That may be correct. The thing is, my computer was always extremely quiet, but since last week, the above described problem occurs. I already cleaned my computer from dust, so that cannot be it. The fans of my computer will continuously spin at high speeds until opening task manager, and they will stay quiet if I keep task manager open. There has to be a problem somewhere, because everything stays quiet if I keep task manager open.

Hi @nasdaq, @AdvancedSetup,

After spending a lot of hours on Google, I found out that there was probably some kind of cryptominer on my device. By performing a clean Windows boot, I found a suspicuous program, please have a look at my attached file. After disabling this program, the problem was solved. However, this program is still on my computer. How can I delete it?

1.png

• Root Admin

Can we have you try the following please @Leo_Bambi

• Open Malwarebytes and click the cross-hair just above the word Scanner
  • Then near the bottom click the Advanced scanners link
  • Then under Custom Scan click on the Configure Scan button
  • Enable scan for rootkits
  • Place a check mark on you C:\ volume hard drive and click the Scan button

This scan will take a long while to run but once completed please go to Reports and export the log to text or clipboard and post back the results.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you