Privacy - Not always Auto Start/Connect

maltelboy
Go to solution Solved by maltelboy,

• Root Admin

Can you please go to Control Panel, and uninstall Bonjour - then restart the computer and see if still the same issue

What exactly is mDNSResponder.exe? (Bonjour)

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/howto/what-is-mdnsresponder-exe-and-why-is-it-running/

MDNSResponder, also known as Bonjour, is Apple’s native zero-configuration networking process for Mac that was ported over to Windows and associated with MDNSNSP.DLL.  On a Mac or iOS device, this program is used for networking nearly everything.  On Windows, this process is only necessary for sharing libraries via iTunes and other Mac applications like the Apple TV that were ported to Windows.  Bonjour allows different computers running iTunes to communicate with each other regardless of network configuration, this is because it enables automatic network discovery.

What Is mDNSResponder.exe / Bonjour and How Can I Uninstall or Remove It?
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/6456/what-is-mdnsresponder.exe-bonjour-and-how-can-i-uninstall-or-remove-it/

Because of the issue now where windows is crashing soon from boot not allowing time to carryout as you asked or even download the very latest version.

I have managed to get into Safe Mode and un-installed Privacy and all its attachments.

Since uninstalling and going back to normal windows. Windows is now stable.

I shall run sfc /scanow to check the system. If all is ok, I will try and install the very latest of Privacy. If the issue returns, I shall un-install Bonjour.

This image is seen at the time of a windows crash.

IMG_2953.jpg

OK, 

Did as you suggested cleaning all malwarebytes from laptop using MBST.

Now I cant reinstall without a pop-up saying it cannot connect to server etc.

Downloaded 2 versions from different sources and 1 offline version.

The offline version installs, but then cannot activate my license saying it cannot connect to server again.

The same applies with Privacy not connecting to server.

• Root Admin

Let's take this one at a time.

Run the MBST tool to remove all. Do not reinstall yet.

Then restart the computer and make sure the computer works okay and has normal network access.

Then download and install Malwarebytes but don't activate it. Go to Settings, General and enable the Beta

Then check for updates again, then restart the computer. Then see if you can activate Malwarebytes 4 and let me know.

Hi, 

Solved the issue of not connecting to server as above. When checking the WMI in services, it was shown to being running and as automatic.

Ran MBST again but to repair all its windows components. Now all the latest of Malwarebytes and Privacy are installed and activated.

Now will sit back and see if any issues turn up.

@maltelboy,

You can try this out and see if it works out for you. 
First download a clean copy of Malwarebytes and Privacy and save them in download folder. Reinstall both please and if you get errors or BSDO then please follow these directions. 
Download the MBST to your desktop. Unzip the exe on the desktop. Open that folder and right click mb-support.exe and run as Administrator. Let the tool run and and you will get another prompt to uninstall Privacy then let Windows reboot and when you get back to the desktop don’t re-download Malwarebytes. 
Then you will need to go to Safemode with network connection. Following these directions here. Then go to Device Manager and go to Network adapters below and delete these drivers below:

MBTun Userspace Tunnel #2

MBTun Userspace Tunnel #1

WireGaurd Tunnel

Reboot Windows back in normal mode. Go to WiFi settings and click on Manage known networks and delete the WiFi network name SSID.

Please use wired Ethernet and install Malwarebytes if possible. Very important...

If you are using Windows Defender you will need to be sure that you 
open Malwarebytes and go to settings by clicking the small gear icon in the upper right, then select the Security tab and disable the option listed under Windows Security Center; this will remove Malwarebytes from being monitored by the built in Security Center which should cause Defender to enable itself automatically, though you may need to restart the system after changing the setting in Malwarebytes to get Defender to activate itself. If you are running another AV skip this step please. 

After you install Malwarebytes then install Privacy make sure Auto Launch and Auto connect and Trust local devices are selected and reboot. Then select the closest server to your location. You should be able to to connect to a server. If not choose another location. 

Don’t worry. The only thing you will need to do is go to Show available networks and re-enter your SSID Password for your WiFi and then you can connect with WiFi wireless network. 

This is totally up to you if you want to try what I have posted or you can wait until your ticket has been read and someone else gives you help. Either way I hope that you get everything back up and running ASAP. 

On 12/16/2020 at 7:16 AM, Hardhead said:

@maltelboy,

You can try this out and see if it works out for you. 
First download a clean copy of Malwarebytes and Privacy and save them in download folder. Reinstall both please and if you get errors or BSDO then please follow these directions. 
Download the MBST to your desktop. Unzip the exe on the desktop. Open that folder and right click mb-support.exe and run as Administrator. Let the tool run and and you will get another prompt to uninstall Privacy then let Windows reboot and when you get back to the desktop don’t re-download Malwarebytes. 
Then you will need to go to Safemode with network connection. Following these directions here. Then go to Device Manager and go to Network adapters below and delete these drivers below:

MBTun Userspace Tunnel #2

WireGaurd Tunnel

Reboot Windows back in normal mode. Go to WiFi settings and click on Manage known networks and delete the WiFi network name SSID.

Please use wired Ethernet and install Malwarebytes if possible. Very important...

If you are using Windows Defender you will need to be sure that you 
open Malwarebytes and go to settings by clicking the small gear icon in the upper right, then select the Security tab and disable the option listed under Windows Security Center; this will remove Malwarebytes from being monitored by the built in Security Center which should cause Defender to enable itself automatically, though you may need to restart the system after changing the setting in Malwarebytes to get Defender to activate itself. If you are running another AV skip this step please. 

After you install Malwarebytes then install Privacy make sure Auto Launch and Auto connect and Trust local devices are selected and reboot. Then select the closest server to your location. You should be able to to connect to a server. If not choose another location. 

Don’t worry. The only thing you will need to do is go to Show available networks and re-enter your SSID Password for your WiFi and then you can connect with WiFi wireless network. 

This is totally up to you if you want to try what I have posted or you can wait until your ticket has been read and someone else gives you help. Either way I hope that you get everything back up and running ASAP. 

OK, but why are these blacked out and cant't read them.

2 minutes ago, maltelboy said:

OK, but why are these blacked out and cant't read them.

It's a font issue, likely because the text was copy/pasted using the dark theme so the background color matches the text color.  Here's what it says:

WireGaurd Tunnel

Please use wired Ethernet and install Malwarebytes if possible. Very important...

If you are using Windows Defender you will need to be sure that you open Malwarebytes and go to settings by clicking the small gear icon in the upper right, then select the Security tab and disable the option listed under Windows Security Center; this will remove Malwarebytes from being monitored by the built in Security Center which should cause Defender to enable itself automatically, though you may need to restart the system after changing the setting in Malwarebytes to get Defender to activate itself. If you are running another AV skip this step please.

After you install Malwarebytes then install Privacy make sure Auto Launch and Auto connect and Trust local devices are selected and reboot. Then select the closest server to your location. You should be able to to connect to a server. If not choose another location.

I've not tried any of the above as yet because of not having an ethernet port.

But I did try v2.3.0.462 from a link on another post of the same issue. And still had the BSOD, where it would not connect to a private network after several seconds.

And as yet, not recieved any contact since my ticket issued on the 12th Dec and nearly a month without being able to use Privacy !!

• Root Admin

They should not be there, but since you've been having BSOD that is why you were referred to the Helpdesk so that QA could possibly decode your dump files.

We already went though a cleaning cycle that didn't seem to correct the issue for you, but we can try again if you like. The company is on a very reduced workforce until after the new year so no real product changes will probably be released until then would be my guess.

Let me know if you'd like to and we can try another round of clean up and see how things go.

Thanks @maltelboy