False Positive?

JorgeBon

Malwarebytes Browser Guard is reporting a block of a JS script on this anime image board.

danbooru.donmai.us

It counts it as malware, oddly enough it didn't do that a few days ago, I used this site for years and I have never seen any problems with it, but better make sure here.

The js script in question it's blocking:

https://js-agent.newrelic.com/nr-1184.min.js

Accessing the site itself ain't a problem though

Its good that you are cautious.  I wish more users were.  What exactly were you doing that triggered the detection?

If you are receiving a notification at the bottom of your screen, that is Malwarebytes Premium doing the detection.  If you are getting a full page block that refers to Browser Guard, please attach a screenshot. I have checked the file URL you provided in VirusTotal, and it looks okay.  I need to do my best to confirm a detection to know best what needs to be done from my end.

No full block preventing me from accessing the site, it's the malwarebytes extension telling me that the side is loading a malicious javascript.

Oddly enough, it doesn't detect it anymore, I just checked myself, but before it really hated the javascript that got loaded.

That's weird... I guess it was just the browser guard acting up?

det1.PNG

test2.PNG

Also to give you some more idea, I tried to replicate how it looked before (in form of a screenshot) when it detected the javascript.

It basically would let me access the site just like normal, that's why I didn't even notice anything out of the ordinary until I checked by browser guard statistics and saw that It blocked 240 malware scripts/files, and then figures, I went back to check every last sites I visited and saw that danbooru got its javascript detected.

tl;dr Site seemed to function just as normally, browser guard detected js-agent.newrelic as malware

(To avoid confusion, this screenshot is fake to replicate how it used to look like when I loaded the site)

det1.PNG