WFC Windows Firewall Control - Issue w/ Import??

Hello guys, 
Basically I am having an issue with the EXIM feature (export/import) and I am wondering if anyone could please test the export/import function with their WFC rules (Options » Rules » Export Windows Firewall Rules) and then try and import them.
Upon import, it shows a progress bar and then after a few seconds it states the operation / restore process was successful.

I open up settings and navigate to rules on the left-hand menu.
> Import Rules
Reboot. However all the rules are exactly as they were prior to import. Nothing has changed. No rules have been imported.

Reset Rules > Yes.
> Import Rules
Nothing changes! Just default WFC rules (or default Windows rules).

I don't think the feature works... Or, perhaps there is a corruption in my rules? Nope. Cannot even restore default blank rule backup!!!

Could someone please give this a try and see whether the rules are correctly restored? (e.g. delete one unimportant rule).
Thank you!

p.s. Posting in ''Malwarebytes for Windows'' as is it is Malwarebytes WFC for Windows! 😵

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following:

Malwarebytes Support Tool - Advanced Options

This feature is designed for the following reasons:

• For use when you are on the forums and need to provide logs for assistance
  • For use when you don't need or want to create a ticket with Malwarebytes
  • For use when you want to perform local troubleshooting on your own

How to use the Advanced Options:

Spoiler
  1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  3. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  4. Navigate to the Advanced tab
  5. The Advanced menu page contains four categories:
    • Gather Logs: Collects troubleshooting information from the computer. As part of this process, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is run to perform a complete diagnosis. The information is saved to a file on the Desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip and can be added as an email attachment or uploaded to a forum post to assist with troubleshooting the issue at hand.
    • Clean: Performs an automated uninstallation of all Malwarebytes products installed to the computer and prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows afterwards. The Premium license key is backed up and reinstated. All user configurations and other data are removed. This process requires a reboot.
    •  Repair System: Includes various system-related repairs in case a Windows service is not functioning correctly that Malwarebytes for Windows is dependent on. It is not recommended to use any Repair System options unless instructed by a Malwarebytes Support agent.
    • Anonymously help the community by providing usage and threat statistics: Unchecking this option will prevent Malwarebytes Support Tool from sending anonymous telemetry data on usage of the program.
  6. To provide logs for review click the Gather Logs button
  7. Upon completion, click OK
  8. A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  9. Please attach the file in your next reply.
  10. To uninstall all Malwarebytes Products, click the Clean button.
  11. Click the Yes button to proceed. 
  12. Save all your work and click OK when you are ready to reboot.
  13. After the reboot, you will have the option to re-install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
  14. Select Yes to install Malwarebytes.
  15. Malwarebytes for Windows will open once the installation completes successfully.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Spoiler

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: Find my premium license key

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hello guys, I am having an issue with the EXIM feature (export/import). Could someone please test the export/import function with their WFC rules (Options » Rules » Export Windows Firewall Rules) and then try and import them?? 

Even after Reboot - No rules have been imported. No changes. 

I don't think the feature works... Cannot restore default rule backup!!!

Could someone please give this a try and see whether the rules are correctly restored? (e.g. delete one unimportant rule, then restore).

Thank you! 🙏🏻😑

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue

Thanks. I only knew of MBAM Clean... I didn't know you had a MBAM support tool. 👍😎👍

Q: Does "Clean" prompt you before uninstalling each product? Or does it prompt you for each product prior to uninstall (i.e. to confirm you should first backup xyz first). Or is the app smart enough to create a backup of the configuration and app logs, and then perform the clean? Does it remove all quarantined objects and diagnostic logs?

Q: What functions/tools are available under "repair system"? E.G. SFC? Disk/Partition? Locked file removal? Delete file on reboot? Create restore point? Maybe easier to run locally anyway.

FYI: You may need to update your screenshots above and post template to correlate with 4 sections (not 3).

Q: Is all identifiable data removed form logs prior to export? e.g. if posted on forums, etc.

6 minutes ago, Flipped said:

Does "Clean" prompt you before uninstalling each product?

It is only for the Malwarebytes main product. Does not include any other product like VPN or WFC.

7 minutes ago, Flipped said:

Or is the app smart enough to create a backup of the configuration and app logs, and then perform the clean? Does it remove all quarantined objects and diagnostic logs?

No, it removes everything before restart and prompting for a reinstall of the main Malwarebytes product.

8 minutes ago, Flipped said:

What functions/tools are available under "repair system"? E.G. SFC? Disk/Partition? Locked file removal? Delete file on reboot? Create restore point? Maybe easier to run locally anyway.

It only attempts to repair the main Malwarebytes product.

8 minutes ago, Flipped said:

Is all identifiable data removed form logs prior to export? e.g. if posted on forums, etc.

No, Depending on what you consider identifiable info.

The logs posted in this section of the forum are only accessible by you and other authorized people only.

• Confused 1

Hi guys! Could someone please test their Binisoft WFC or Malwarebytes WFC firewall control?? Please test whether you can export your Firewall rules, make a rule change, then restore it all back?? Thanks!!

Main Panel » Options » Rules » "Export Windows Firewall rules"
Delete/Edit/Rename Rule

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

It is only for the Malwarebytes main product. Does not include any other product like VPN or WFC.

A. No, it removes everything before restart and prompting for a reinstall of the main Malwarebytes product.

B. It only attempts to repair the main Malwarebytes product.

C. No, Depending on what you consider identifiable info.

D. The logs posted in this section of the forum are only accessible by you and other authorized people only.

Thanks, but A: Does it prompt you before removing the MBAM software? Is there any confirmation prior? Or is it just instant execution of scripts??

B. Is there any reason why it does not save all logs? Or at least do some house cleaning, and amalgamate all remnant logs and reports? (i.e. for troubleshooting).

CNo? Depending?

😧 Sorry - I will make my question clearer, could you please provide a list of personally identifiable data you collect? e.g. Logged in User, or Logged in User's display name or email address? Or for example: current WAN IP or geographic information... Identifiable means attributes for my computer or my personal identity are stored inside the publicly downloadable ZIP files...

15 minutes ago, Flipped said:

Logged in User, or Logged in User's display name

Yes, It will show all account names.

email address?

NO, unless you are submitting a ticket to support.

current WAN IP or geographic information.

No. It does not.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/privacy/

Edited by Porthos

• 3 months later...
On 11/3/2020 at 3:16 AM, Porthos said:

What are you talking about?

That is not even an answer!

I can quote things too...

We are excited to announce the general availability release of Malwarebytes Support Tool version 1.8

The Malwarebytes Support Tool is a multi-purpose troubleshooting and repair utility, designed to assist with issues related to Malwarebytes for Windows. Our goal with the Malwarebytes Support Tool is to provide a simple and stress-free approach to troubleshooting issues with Malwarebytes products. The Malwarebytes Support Tool can be used in two fashions: Guided or Advanced.

In Guided, you'll be offered self-help suggestions followed by an option to create a ticket with our support team (or update an existing ticket). 

In Advanced, you'll be able to perform troubleshooting on your own and/or get help from our forums support team.

This release includes the following new functionality:

• Added the Malwarebytes Privacy Tunnel Driver (mbtun.sys) details in mbst-check-results.txt
  • Added the Malwarebytes Privacy Log (mbtundriverinstall.log) to the log collection process
  • Enhanced the ability to do perform fixes for Malwarebytes products running on Windows 10 Version 20H2 

Existing functionality:

• Automatically backup Malwarebytes for Windows configuration data, exclusions and quarantine data when performing a repair.
  • Added an automated repair process to self-serve options.
  • Added self-serve options to help provide solutions faster
  • Added detection of outdated Malwarebytes for Windows installation and ability to upgrade to latest version.
  • Added ability to generate new Malwarebytes Support tickets
  • Added ability to lookup existing Malwarebytes Support tickets and upload troubleshooting information to a secure Malwarebytes server
  • Integrated automation of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
  • Integrated automation of existing Malwarebytes Support tools (MB-Check, MB-Grab & MB-Clean)
  • Contains offline functionality in case of a networking problem
  • Contains Advanced Options page to locally generate troubleshooting information or perform a clean reinstallation of Malwarebytes for Windows
  • Added application telemetry.
  • Improved clean functionality to provide more robust manual cleanup, removal of Malwarebytes business products and clearer logging.
  • Improvements to troubleshooting information collection.

For more information, please refer to the following links:

• Root Admin

Hello @Flipped

I am not aware of anyone from Binisoft Support visiting the forums here. Support is handled by them as posted previously, not here on the forums.

Our MBST (Malwarebytes Support Tool) now removes both Malwarebytes Premium as well as our Malwarebytes Privacy VPN but it does not address any other of our products.

If you're having issues with the FWC (Firewall Control) then you might try uninstalling it. Then reset your firewall back to factory defaults.

The following command when run from an elevated admin command prompt should reset your firewall back to defaults

netsh advfirewall reset

Then reinstall the FWC and see if it functions properly for you.

Beyond that if it's still not working then please follow up with Binisoft Support and see if they can assist you.

If you have other questions I've not answered please let me know

binisoft support

Thank you