Blocking a malware help blog

Go to solution Solved by gonzo,

Since we published this blog helping people remove a popular virus from their websites, we've been banned by the MWB Extension

Article: https://dorset.tech/nasty-new-malware-doing-the-rounds-lowerbeforwarden-ml/

• Staff
5 hours ago, DorsetTech said:

Since we published this blog helping people remove a popular virus from their websites, we've been banned by the MWB Extension

Article: https://dorset.tech/nasty-new-malware-doing-the-rounds-lowerbeforwarden-ml/

Hello, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've reviewed the IP(was not a domain block) again and have determined it no longer warrants being blocked so we've removed it from our database. 

Removal should be reflected in the next database update going out in a few hours or so.

• TeMerc locked this topic
  • Staff
  • Solution

The content posted had nothing to do with the block.  The reason is very likely a relatively low number of visitors to the website.  This is often indicative of a site possibly involved with malicious activities.  The non-standard top-level domain name could also be a contributing factor.  I whitelisted the site after testing it.  Please allow 15-30 minutes for changes to take effect.

• gonzo unlocked this topic

Thanks Michael - really appreciate your help.

It's still being blocked, so hopefully it's reflected soon. :-(

We get 2k+ visitors a month which I recognise isn't awesome, but would be surprised if that's low enough to trigger a scam warning.

Have an awesome day

analytics.PNG

• Staff

Block gone for me too. Locking ticket to keep the "me toos" away.

• Like 1
  • gonzo locked this topic