Website blocked due to Trojan on fnplicensingservice64.exe

Just now, Interactive said:

I have the same problem.

Should I set Malwarebytes to allow the access?

I believe so, but you should probably scan the folder first just incase

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've sent a notification to Research via the FP escalation system and a member of the team should be along to confirm the issue soon.

Thank you so much! For anyone struggling with the popup, ending the task for FNPLicensingService64 under Autodesk stops the popup from appearing even if you don't delete anything.

A member of Research has responded and this should be fixed in the next database update. Thanks everyone for reporting this issue and for your patience.

Posted Images

We'll have to wait on Research for confirmation, but my suspicion is that it is a false positive in this case.  For now you can wait and see until they provide confirmation, but I do believe it is a false positive.

2 minutes ago, Nambread said:

I'm getting the same thing, so for now I'm simply disabling the notification popup and closing the program, but not whitelisting any IP addresses.

I would say this is a good idea, don't whitelist the program as of now until further confirmation. Probably just disable the notification popup, as of right now

Yea, same here of the pop ups/false positive (possible).  Having run both MB and Norton 360 (quick scan) and all is good.  Was wondering if the issue might be an update from Adobe Flash Player today?

yes - also seeing this popup every couple of minutes starting today

https://www.quora.com/What-is-FLEXNet-Licensing-Service

Seems the licensing server is something to do with Adobe products.

I have acrobat 11, old versions of photoshop and adobe reader so could be anyone of those.

For now, since i dont want any of them to update (they are all older versions anyway), i am disabling the auto update features to see if that resolves the issue. 

I am getting this popup about every 30 seconds since I opened SPSS earlier this morning.  I have closed SPSS but the alert is still popping up as the licensing service appears to be insisting on wanting to connect to that server.

Just joined to add info to this as well.

I was getting pings from FNPLicensingService.exe as well this morning and freaked me out enough where I removed it from my computer to be safe. After that AMD's AUEPMaster.exe started to do the same thing.

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, C:\Program Files\AMD\Performance Profile Client\AUEPMaster.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0, ,

-Website Data-
Category: Trojan
Domain:
IP Address: 169.254.169.254
Port: 80
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files\AMD\Performance Profile Client\AUEPMaster.exe

The comment earlier about Flash actually sounds like a possibly lead, cause I uninstalled it this morning when Flash popped up with its auto updater and asked if I wanted to uninstall because of the December end date coming up.

Getting the same RTP detection event. Looks like it started this morning around 9:00 EST. I am running the latest version of AutoCAD on both a CyberPowerPC desktop and a MSI laptop.

Just to confirm, I'm getting this too. Started today. The FlexNet licensing service on my system is the 32bit process, and is used to validate licensing for Autodesk 3D Studio Max, v2013.

Looking forward to hearing feedback on this from the MWB engineers to determine if it's a false positive and how to safely disable the unnecessary popup under those circumstances.

Best,

Marc

14 minutes ago, azarashi said:

Just joined to add info to this as well.

I was getting pings from FNPLicensingService.exe as well this morning and freaked me out enough where I removed it from my computer to be safe. After that AMD's AUEPMaster.exe started to do the same thing.

, C:\Program Files\AMD\Performance Profile Client\AUEPMaster.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0, ,

-Website Data-
Domain:

This is also what I am getting

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 10/17/20
Protection Event Time: 10:29 AM
Log File: 95d92770-108d-11eb-af25-4ccc6ad07126.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.2.1.89
Components Version: 1.0.1061
Update Package Version: 1.0.31512
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Website Data-
Domain: 

(end)

To turn off the pop-up:

- open Malwarebytes
- click on the Setting gear icon
- click on the Notifications tab
- turn off "Show all notifications in Windows notification area

You may want to remember to turn it back on after this issue is resolved however

8 minutes ago, exile360 said:

A member of Research has responded and this should be fixed in the next database update.

Thanks everyone for reporting this issue and for your patience.

Just to confirm, this means that it was in fact a false positive and there's nothing to worry about?

Thanks for all your help with this!