Website blocked due to Trojan on fnplicensingservice64.exe

I'm getting this message every 2 minutes.   I tried running a scan, but nothing comes up.  What should my next steps be?

Here's the log file information:

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 10/17/20
Protection Event Time: 9:01 AM
Log File: d5719e54-1078-11eb-b9ec-b42e99a94455.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.2.1.89
Components Version: 1.0.1061
Update Package Version: 1.0.31506
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FlexNet Publisher\FNPLicensingService64.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0, ,

-Website Data-
Category: Trojan
Domain:
IP Address: 169.254.169.254
Port: 80
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FlexNet Publisher\FNPLicensingService64.exe

(end)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've sent a notification to Research via the FP escalation system and a member of the team should be along to confirm the issue soon.

Thank you so much! For anyone struggling with the popup, ending the task for FNPLicensingService64 under Autodesk stops the popup from appearing even if you don't delete anything.

A member of Research has responded and this should be fixed in the next database update. Thanks everyone for reporting this issue and for your patience.

Posted Images

Getting the exact same thing. I’ve check where it was coming from (that FNPLicensingservice one) and opened the XML file. It mentions Autodesk which is who makes Fusion360 (which I have on my computer). 

so it’s either a false positive on malware bytes end, or it’s been possible compromised and really is blocking trojans? 

hopefully it can be sorted asap

6 minutes ago, Foffvirusesforeverplease said:

Getting the exact same thing. I’ve check where it was coming from (that FNPLicensingservice one) and opened the XML file. It mentions Autodesk which is who makes Fusion360 (which I have on my computer). 

so it’s either a false positive on malware bytes end, or it’s been possible compromised and really is blocking trojans? 

hopefully it can be sorted asa

Right. I went into task manager and ended the process for it running (sorry I forgot what it called itself, but it was under a different name to the one in the logs. Same icon though) and then deleted it from my files. That’s since stopped it and Fusion360 still seems to run normally. 

It’s not producing any alerts that there’s been a Trojan stopped and Fusion360 still seems to work fine. Hopefully it can still be sorted and added to the MBAM database to get rid of it if it’s a real Trojan. 

Just registered to say mine has literally started doing the same thing within the last 10 minutes and I don't know whether to take it seriously or not, since scanning FNPLicensingService64.exe in question comes back clean. And yet I keep getting the pop-up that it's blocking a trojan.

I googled what FNPLicensingService64 is and it's a legit program but it records mouse clicks and keybaord inputs (it's to do with licensing apparently) so I have no idea whether to take the threat detection seriously or not

It just seems weird to me that we're all suddenly getting the exact same alert for the exact same program the exact same day and time of day :/ I don't know what to make of that.

2 minutes ago, C-Puff said:

Just registered to say mine has literally started doing the same thing within the last 10 minutes and I don't know whether to take it seriously or not, since scanning FNPLicensingService64.exe in question comes back clean. And yet I keep getting the pop-up that it's blocking a trojan.

I googled what FNPLicensingService64 is and it's a legit program but it records mouse clicks and keybaord inputs (it's to do with licensing apparently) so I have no idea whether to take the threat detection seriously or not

Im just taking as that it’s serious until I know it’s not. I’ve ended the process and deleted the file for now. I know that it was from Autodesk so if Fusion360 stops working I’ll just redownload it. 

This just started for me as well.  Is there some way to turn these notifications off and just let it silently keep blocking whatever this is? I cant get anything done with this stupid popup ever 2 mins.

Greetings,

I believe this is a false positive and it has been reported to the Research team via the following thread and should be corrected as soon as a member of the Research team reviews it and confirms:

Thanks for reporting this issue.

1 minute ago, exile360 said:

Greetings,

I believe this is a false positive and it has been reported to the Research team via the following thread and should be corrected as soon as a member of the Research team reviews it and confirms:

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Thank you so much!

For anyone struggling with the popup, ending the task for FNPLicensingService64 under Autodesk stops the popup from appearing even if you don't delete anything.

• Like 1

I have the same issue. It started at 9:16 AM est for me. Every 2 minutes I get an Malwarebytes aler that it is a blocking a trojan -- details show that it is blocking FNPLicensingService64.exe calling 169.254.169.254. What do I do? Can I put this on the exclusions list?

2 minutes ago, C-Puff said:

Thank you so much!

For anyone struggling with the popup, ending the task for FNPLicensingService64 under Autodesk stops the popup from appearing even if you don't delete anything.

Thanks!, Thats done the trick for now! Lets hope they get a solution :)

West

Yes, it's used by many applications, not just Autocad/Autodesk for license validation/anti-piracy, so it may show up on systems with a wide variety of applications.

You may terminate the process or exclude the process from Web Protection by following the instructions under the Allow an application to connect to the Internet section of this support article.

1 minute ago, exile360 said:

Yes, it's used by many applications, not just Autocad/Autodesk for license validation/anti-piracy, so it may show up on systems with a wide variety of applications.

You may terminate the process or exclude the process from Web Protection by following the instructions under the Allow an application to connect to the Internet section of this support article.

Can we trust this application? I trust the FNP app but I'm worried someone may have infected it or injected it with something malicious

1 minute ago, Violin said:

Can we trust this application? I trust the FNP app but I'm worried someone may have infected it or injected it with something malicious

I'm getting the same thing, so for now I'm simply disabling the notification popup and closing the program, but not whitelisting any IP addresses.