Currently running 4.2.1.89 with component pack 1.0.1070 under Windows 10 (2004). Unless I disable Web Protection, my local NAS does not show up in the "computer" category under "Network". It might be useful to note that another machine on the same network running Windows 7, using MB component package 1061 did not suffer from this issue until I allowed it to update to component 1070, at which time it developed the same problem as described above.

If I knew how to retrograde to component package 1061 I would check the behaviour on the Windows 10 machine but, alas, I do not. So right now, it looks as though this is an issue with component package 1070.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue
  • Thanks 1

Greetings,

Thank you for reporting this issue.  We will pass this info on to the Product team for analysis.

I noticed a somewhat similar issue being reported here as well and I suspect they have the same cause:

In the meantime, if you would please provide the following logs from at least one of the affected machines it may prove helpful to the Devs for troubleshooting and replication purposes:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

By the way, if System Restore is enabled on your system (which it should be by default), then perhaps you can use that to revert to an earlier restore point prior to CU 1070 being installed, then disable the two highlighted options to prevent it from being updated until the issue is resolved (you'll still receive signature/database updates):

disable.png.b19df2e2059ff70cac133c58edbddc22.png

To access those settings click the small gear icon in the upper right in Malwarebytes and they are the first two items listed under the first tab.

4 minutes ago, exile360 said:

By the way, if System Restore is enabled on your system (which it should be by default), then perhaps you can use that to revert to an earlier restore point prior to CU 1070 being installed

Whooahh! That has the potential to have far too many consequences; had the 1070 install been an hour old, perhaps. But not when it's the best part of a week old 👎

Thinking about it, for β testers not to be able, reasonably easily, to revert to older versions of the thing they are testing isn't awfully helpful.

If it were a beta version it would be much easier, but unfortunately CU 1070 was released as the final build recently.  I'm sure AdvancedSetup will be able to locate an installer for the previous build so we'll just need to wait on him or someone else who can get hold of a copy, then you'll be able to install 1061.

On 10/16/2020 at 2:31 PM, Pluto said:

Currently running 4.2.1.89 with component pack 1.0.1070 under Windows 10 (2004). Unless I disable Web Protection, my local NAS does not show up in the "computer" category under "Network". It might be useful to note that another machine on the same network running Windows 7, using MB component package 1061 did not suffer from this issue until I allowed it to update to component 1070, at which time it developed the same problem as described above.

If I knew how to retrograde to component package 1061 I would check the behaviour on the Windows 10 machine but, alas, I do not. So right now, it looks as though this is an issue with component package 1070.

same issue

No, I'm sorry. I don't have a download link for the previous version. You would need to probably revert back to 4.1.2 and disable program update checks.

The older version 4.1.2 is located here
https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/xlmxytma7g3ntj9ge98rrafwg5pgp3x8

Again, you'd need to go to Settings, General and disable program checks right away. Then reboot to prevent the program from updating to the latest version.

I have submitted your logs for review

Thank you

The previous version is not recommended. If you can workaround this via disabling Web Protection or dropping back to 4.1.2 and disabling program updates that would probably be best until we investigate this issue further.

You can use Malwarebytes Browser Guard and uBlock Origin to help prevent Web attacks until this issue is resolved.

uBlock Origin

Firefox
Chrome