ive got malware on computer plz help

Go to solution Solved by Maurice Naggar,

I would urge you to take time out, AND, make contact somehow with the tech Support of your internet-service-provider.   I am suspecting that the Network settings properties for DNS Server selection are needing to be properly set !   It is something you can probably lookup using your smartphone.  Or else make a physical phone call to their Tech Support.

That is job # 1  for you.   Setting those Network settings is something that we all need to do even if we just did a brand new Windows 10 setup !!!.

I made a note of some outstanding issues which I am going to put here.  The thing is that we need to slow down, regroup  & make a list of top priorities.

To me, I think you first need to check the Network DNS settings.

At various points you have mentioned taking your pc into town.   Which makes me wonder about the current internet service situation to your Home or to what is the home-base.
What kind of internet service do you have ?
Is it a old-fashioned dialup ?  or is it by satellite ?  or a broadband or high-speed internet ?
and does that come with a modem or router ?    Can you please make that all clear.
Over the passage of time, you have made mention that Netflix is one where you have connection failure.  That by itself, is not a high priority IMHO.
The important thing is whether the Windows pc has normal access to everyday needs.
Also know, that Windows Update issues need to be put into a separate bucket.

At this point, the issue of the flagged PDF files has been taken care of.
Over time, you yourself have run a few other tools yourself.   How did that come about ?
You have mentioned ( I believe )  HitmanPro  & this pc has installed Spybot - Search & Destroy .    Is the Spybot a paid-for License ?
I ask for mre than one reason.   But mainly, I see it listed by Windows as the resident antivirus.
and by the way, are you getting other help elsewhere  on this same case ?   if so, where at ?

slow down please !   Lets go slower & deliberate.   Please stop and see my prior reply.

I will be looking at the last Fix log  and get bck to you later.

Thank you.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

The only connection at home is wifi through a mobile phone hotspot.

there are NO other connections at my home.

Did you see the screen shot where i ping www.netflix.com in command prompt and it redirects to dualstack.wwwservice2--frontend-san-vpc0-571120560.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com?

how can i stop it redirecting me?

Lets put the Netflix issue down at bottom of the list.   Are you indicating that there is no physical internet service to your Home ??

and   What about checking with the internet service provider that handles your phone ?   I mean, you need their Tech Support to convey to you the proper selections for DNS Server   so that you can get Windows Networking squared away !!   

{  getting the proper routing to Netflix or any other site depends on having proper and correct Network settings }

You should check these basics about DNS

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/what-is-a-dns-server/

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/dns-settings

Good morning.  Please be sure you do not overlook my last set of replies.   I am righting a very quick note just now.   Looking back ovefr the Farbar FRST report it did not show that Windows has the NETFLIX app from Microsoft installed.   You need that app  ( it is free ) in order to properly have Netflix service.

You can look it up  ( get it ) from the Microsoft Store    In the Windows 10 Search box type in 

microsoft store

My main focus here is insuring that your Windows system is free of malware.  Let's recall that the ESET Online scanner tool squashed (deleted) several PDF files.  That was one of your main concerns at the start of this case.

• Solution

Hurrah.   Yay.  Glad to know this news.  Yes, indeed the steadiness & integrity of the network connection is one crucial factor.

Cleaning up on the tools I had you use before:

To remove the FRST64  tool & its work files, do this.  Go to your Downloads folder.  Do a RIGHT-click on FRST64.exe & select RENAME & then change it to UNINSTALL.exe .
Then run that ( double click on it)  to begin the cleanup process.

Any other download file I had you save, you may delete.

I do wish you all the best.

Sincerely.

Maurice

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you