Malwarebytes is blocking all my MS Office files

craigspi

Go to solution Solved by Porthos,

I have been having the same issue.  I can open the Office apps and create a new doc, but if I save the doc or open an existing doc, MWB closed the apps and pops up a warning "exploit payload macros process. 

The logs show the following

-Exploit Details-
File: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Exploit: 1
Malware.Exploit.Agent.Generic, , Blocked, 0, 392684, 0.0.0, , 

-Exploit Data-
Affected Application: Microsoft Office Excel
Protection Layer: Application Behavior Protection
Protection Technique: Exploit payload macro process blocked
File Name: 
URL: 

for outlook the log is 

-Exploit Details-
File: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Exploit: 1
Malware.Exploit.Agent.Generic, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16051.13231.20262.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16\FLTLDR.EXE C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16051.13231.20262.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\Microsoft Shared\GRPHFLT\GIFIMP32.FLT, Blocked, 0, 392684, 0.0.0, , 

-Exploit Data-
Affected Application: Microsoft Outlook
Protection Layer: Application Behavior Protection
Protection Technique: Exploit payload process blocked
File Name: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16051.13231.20262.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16\FLTLDR.EXE C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16051.13231.20262.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\Microsoft Shared\GRPHFLT\GIFIMP32.FLT
URL: 

outlook-exploit.JPG

I have the same problem as craigspi, but the supposed fix (turn off penetrating testing attacks) did not work for me. I restarted the laptop (Yoga C940) and Malwarebytes is blocking *all* of my Office apps. This laptop is *brand new*, only one week old. On my last laptop, I had the same Office apps and Malwarebytes didn't bat an eye, never blocked them. Anyone know what's going on? I need to draft up an important Word document for my business and I don't want to have to borrow my friend's computer to type up simple docs. I shouldn't have to do that.

all ms office apps blocked - exploit payload macro process blocked.txt

Just now, Leah_SF_Bay_Area said:

Porthos - thank you! 🙏🏽  Restoring the defaults for App Behavior Protection worked!!! Hallelujah!! 😊

You are very welcome. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any other issues, We are here.

Be safe and try to have a good weekend now.

• Like 1