reppoflag.net issues

Go to solution Solved by Maurice Naggar,

i keep getting some form of trojan warning every time i open google chrome, i dont knwo whats heppenign with this and i ran a few scans wiht nothing showing up. i will link the FRST.txt file and the Addition.txt file and the scan log also the adware scan logAdwCleaner[S00].txt as advised by others on the forum, if anyone can help me it would be great Capture.PNG.78ac9697db2db5853dbc99cc8c998797.PNG

Addition.txt FRST.txt threat_scan.txt AdwCleaner[C00].txt

Hi,       :welcome:
My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.
Let me know what first name you prefer to go by.   

It seems like what is happening is some Block notice from the web protection that it has blocked attempts to access a specific IP address.   The message-window from Malwarebytes  would be showing a green tick mark on that window.   That is a visual clue that it is keeping the pc safe from harm.   it does 'NOT' mean by that that there is a onboard infection.

Please follow my directions as we go along.  Please do not do any changes on your own without first checking with me. 
Please only just attach   all report files, etc  that I ask for as we go along.

I would like you to do a  special search.

There is the FRSTENGLISH  tool on the Downloads folder.   We will use that to do a search.

Find &   then start FRSTENGLISH
Type the following ( better yet, use COPY  then Paste)   into the search box exactly as show then press the Search Files button 

SearchAll: reppoflag

Please wait while the program searches for all entries relating to this program, when done a  search.txt    log will be saved to the desktop. Please attach this log to your next reply. 

Thanks for your patience.

For Your Information:

The Block notices from Malwarebytes web protection do mean that Malwarebytes is keeping your pc safe from potential harm.
A block notice is an advisory of the "block".
A "malicious website blocked" is entirely different from a "malware detected" event.

The website  Block message indicates that a potential risk was blocked by the malicious website protection. 
The Malwarebytes web protection, by default, will always show each IP block occurrence.
The Malwarebytes Webs protection feature will advise customers when a known or suspected malicious IP is attempted to be reached (outgoing) or is trying access your PC.

See our info page https://www.malwarebytes.com/lp/ip-blocking/?ipblock=true

Incoming block notice can be ignored, our software is blocking the threat and there is nothing more that can be done.
On Outbound blocks, any attempted connection was stopped.

No action is required unless you’re also experiencing malware symptoms or there are multiple (different) IPs (ex;123.23.34 and 4.44.56).
 A browser is not required to be running, just an active Internet connection with processes running,
such as Instant messenger clients, SKYPE or Peer-to-peer software, to trigger these alerts.

These are also triggered by banner ads running on websites which is the most common form of alert.

2 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

For Your Information:

The Block notices from Malwarebytes web protection do mean that Malwarebytes is keeping your pc safe from potential harm.
A block notice is an advisory of the "block".
A "malicious website blocked" is entirely different from a "malware detected" event.

The website  Block message indicates that a potential risk was blocked by the malicious website protection. 
The Malwarebytes web protection, by default, will always show each IP block occurrence.
The Malwarebytes Webs protection feature will advise customers when a known or suspected malicious IP is attempted to be reached (outgoing) or is trying access your PC.

See our info page https://www.malwarebytes.com/lp/ip-blocking/?ipblock=true

Incoming block notice can be ignored, our software is blocking the threat and there is nothing more that can be done.
On Outbound blocks, any attempted connection was stopped.

No action is required unless you’re also experiencing malware symptoms or there are multiple (different) IPs (ex;123.23.34 and 4.44.56).
 A browser is not required to be running, just an active Internet connection with processes running,
such as Instant messenger clients, SKYPE or Peer-to-peer software, to trigger these alerts.

These are also triggered by banner ads running on websites which is the most common form of alert.

i noticed different IPs that are connected, some longer than others, i attached the pictures in a previous reply.

Hi, Sam  !

Thank you very much for the Search log of FRST.   The "reppoflag" is simply not found  ( e.g. mentioned ) in the system registry;  nor does it appear as a file.

The screenshots above do show that these events are occurring when Chrome is in use.  I would like you to see about stopping using Chrome and instead use the EDGE browser for the balance of this case.

You have already run Adwcleaner so we wont be re-running that.   I am going to list here a few steps that I would like you to proceed with.  Do all of them, as much as you can.

Do not stop unless you have a question.   That is to say, do as much of all this that you can.

I do think that this "reppoflag" is a form of malvertising.  Again, the pc is protected by the real-time protections of Malwarebytes.  There is most likely no onboard actual malware.

[   1   ]

Set the Chrome "sync"  to OFF.

Use Chrome browser   to go to https://www.google.com/settings/chrome/sync and sign into your account.
Scroll down until you see the "reset sync" button and click on the button
At the prompt click on "Ok".

After we are all finished with this case, you may if you wish / if you need to /  turn the Google Sync back On.

[   2   ]

for Chrome, while Chrome is running:
Press & hold SHIFT+CTRL+Del keys  on keyboard to get menu for clearing browsing data:

Check mark the line  "Browsing history"

Check mark the line "Download history"

Check mark the lined "Cached images and files"
and press Clear Data button  ( in blue )

[   3   ]

After that, make real sure that Chrome is "NOT" set to reload the pages from the last session

Go into the settings menu of Chrome by first clicking  the control icon of Chrome on upper right of the adress bar

Then look deeper in SETTINGS

image.png.bfcbff4c25a7a1a131de4b71555efd0c.png

Make real sure it is "NOT" set to "continue where you left off"

[   4   ]

I suggest you install the Malwarebytes Browser guard for Chrome.

To get & install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension for Chrome,

Open this link in your Chrome   browser: 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee

Then proceed with the setup.    Close Chrome when done.    Just be sure it is closed by the time before you press Scan on the next section below

[   5   ]

I am enclosing a custom script here to clear out the Chrome cache, to run the Windows System File Checker, and the Windows DISM tool   ( to just check the operating system),  to rebuild the Winsock.

Please be sure to Close any open work files, documents,  any apps you started yourself  before starting this.

The system will be rebooted after the script has run.

This custom script is for  Armoursquidl  only / for this machine only.

Close and save any open work files before starting this procedure.    If there are any CD / DVD / or USB-flash-thumb or USB-storage drives attached,  please disconnect any of those.

I am sending a    custom Fix script which is going to be used by the FRST64  tool. They will both work together as a pair.

Please RIGHT-click the (attached file named) FIXLIST and select SAVE  link AS and save it directly ( as is) to the  Downloads  folder

The tool named FRST64 .exe   tool    is already on the Downloads
Start the Windows Explorer and then, to the Downloads folder.

RIGHT click on  FRST64    and select RUN as Administrator and allow it to proceed.  Reply YES when prompted to allow to run.
  to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.
IF Windows prompts you about running this, select YES to allow it to proceed.

IF you get a block message from Windows about this tool......
click line More info information on that screen
and click button Run anyway on next screen.

on the FRST window:
Click the Fix button just once, and wait.

frst-fix.jpg.f6a25291b39a03d418acc9a3b7136900.jpg

PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. This run here should be fairly quick.
If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.
The tool will complete its run after restart.
When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run.

Please attach the FIXLOG.txt with your next reply later, at your next opportunity   

Please know this will do a Windows Restart.   Just let it do its thing. 

Keep me advise.   Have patience, as we likely will need to explorer other things.

Fixlist.txt

Hi 

This will hopefully be the last time I post on this thread.

So I did all of the steps that you listed above and when I finished with the script it generated a fix log which I will attach.

I also noticed that the file that was listed in the report was the google chrome app, so i performed a clean reinstall of the app uninstalling the app and the x86 files that it was in, I then reinstalled the app and found that the issue is gone.

I performed some checks and ran the adware cleaner and the Malwarebytes app and found nothing. So I hope the issue is fixed.

You have been great help, thank you 

SamFixlog.txt

Hello.   Thanks for the log.  That run is good.

I had not requested, nor expected that you would have done a Chrome browser uninstall > reinstall.

However, that is one method that has been used by others who had the same original situation.  You should expect to not have a re-occurence.

I suggest you do these follow-ups.

Here are tips on keeping your web browsers safer.   Make time  and read all of this.     apply the tips.

See this article on our Malwarebytes Blog
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/technology/2019/01/browser-push-notifications-feature-asking-abused/

You want to disable the ability of each web browser on this machine from being able to allow "push ads". That means Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browser (on Windows 10), or on Opera.

Scroll down to the tips section "How do I disable them".

If this pc has the Google Chrome browser, or the Brave browser, I suggest you install the Malwarebytes Browser guard for Chrome.

To get & install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension for Chrome,

Open this link in your Chrome   browser: 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee

Then proceed with the setup.

Also,  I would suggest that you do a manual Quick Scan with the Windows Defender Antivirus.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012987/windows-10-virus-threat-protection-windows-security

and,       

Go to the Windows taskbar.
Look for the search box
type in

security and maintenance

and click on it

Look for the section   ( in blue ) Security
click on the down-arrow  to expand
then you will see a screen like this

image.thumb.png.b3681d6e0db2457ef89e6278ea4a19db.png

Kindly let me know if you need other help.

Sincerely.

• Solution

Hello.   I am glad to read the good news about the status of this PC.

To remove the FRST64  tool & its work files, do this.  Go to your  Downloads folder.  Do a RIGHT-click on FRST64.exe & select RENAME & then change it to UNINSTALL.exe .
Then run that ( double click on it)  to begin the cleanup proceed.

My very best wishes to you.

Sincerely.

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you