It seems that there are no updates of the database and program of adwcleaner anymore ? The last update is no 3 months old.

Database: 2020-07-20.1 (Local)

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.
In order to help us assist you to resolve your issue, please post or attach your latest AdwCleaner log files with your post. https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039021593

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

notify me.jpeg

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

mbst_get_started.jpg

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

Greetings,

As far as I know, ADWCleaner is still being supported, but I checked and like you, I found the same info on the current database, however ADWCleaner also uses a cloud analysis component so it is possible that they are relying more on that for detecting many newer items, or it could simply be that they have not needed to add to the existing databases to stay on top of the latest PUPs, likely due to a heavy reliance on heuristics signatures which target multiple PUPs and families of PUPs without requiring updates as frequently.  We'll see what the staff has to say about it though, as only they know for certain.

• Thanks 1

That's the good thing about the cloud everything is always up to date, I don't think you will have to worry much the cloud supplies those updates as for the product updates itself 3 months isn't that bad and is actually the standard for most security applications lets say like F-secure...   

Yes, for application updates, 3 months isn't old at all.  The database is a bit old, but I agree that the cloud component should help greatly as far as any newer/unknown items goes.  PUPs are typically legitimate apps too, so they aren't generally being modified by their developers to avoid detection the way that malware authors would when creating threats, so databases to detect and remove them shouldn't need to be updated nearly as frequently.

But there are no updates from the cloud at the moment, if there is a update this will be shown at the log, here is an exaple.

Database: 2020-06-15.1 (Cloud)

It may simply be that no updates have been needed.  As I mentioned, the primary targets of ADWCleaner are PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) which change far less often than actual malware, so once they have a good database of known PUPs, it shouldn't require frequent updates until a new app is reported as PUP.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

We just released 8.0.8 a few minutes ago alongside a new definition package:

The delay you saw since July was also due to an backend change we've been working on over the past weeks. Things are resuming as usual from now on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1