Cilkonlay.com

WayneF3842
Go to solution Solved by thisisu,

4 hours ago, Rob800 said:

Once I closed Foxnews.com it stopped the warnings.

I'm unable to reproduce the detection there. Is it still a problem for you? If so, can you show the full URL you are visiting?

In general, I think this block should have been categorized as Adware or AdServer or restricted it to be a BrowserGuard only block. However, we've seen and blocked similar domains hosting such javascript files (example: here) and haven't seen it causing such a disturbance.

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

@thisisu Why does it only manifest on Chrome based browsers and not Firefox?

I'm not sure why this is the case for you. It should be all browsers. Perhaps there is a caching issue?

Please be patient while we review further

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thisisu said:

I'm not sure why this is the case for you. It should be all browsers. Perhaps there is a caching issue?

I only tested to help others get to the bottom of this. I currently have not seen any more issues.

Side note, There are a few malware removal cases going on due to this and people are not infected. So waste of helpers time.😟

i am getting messages about the trojan every minute or so holy smoke!

I am not sure what I did and in what sequence BUT killing fox news and applying a windows update with the subsequent reboot has stopped the annoying complaint WRT a trojan. WHEW!

13 hours ago, B-squared said:

sp ,y version of windows complains bitterly about running your farber tool