Windows Defender & Firewall stopped working properly,

Hi,     :welcome:
My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.
Let me know what first name you prefer to go by.

Please follow my directions as we go along.  Please do not do any changes on your own without first checking with me. 

Please only just attach   all report files, etc  that I ask for as we go along.  Please know I help here as a volunteer.  and that I am not on 24 x 7.

Tell  me, what has happened recently on this system.   When did all this first happen ?    what have you done, if aything?

Kindly let me know why you chose to make this post here in the Windows malware removal-help sub-forum ?

P.S.   Be very sure that you are logged-in  to Windows with a account that has adminiistrator level rights.   I believe that is so now, as of the time you ran the report.

Was there some prior glitch about a user profile or login ?

Has this pc eveer have installed some 3rd-party antivirus like Avast, AVG,  Mcafee or Norton os any non-Microsoft brand ?

Please advise.

Download   Farbar's Service Scanner utility
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/dl/62/

and Save to your Desktop.
Right-Click on fss.exe and select Run As Admisnitrator.

Answer Yes to ok when prompted.
If your firewall then puts out a prompt, again, allow it to run.
Once FSS is on-screen, be sure the following items are checkmarked:

Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender
Other services

Click on "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Copy & Paste contents of FSS.txt into your reply. 

Thank you for the report.  This highlights that the Windows 10 Microsoft Defender antivirus service etry is missing from the registry.

Earlier reports, showed that there was no antivirus program registered.   ( that is of concern).

There are also 2 services related to the Windows firewall  that need attention.

One of the first things I need you to insure that Windows is set to show all hidden folders, to show all folders.

What follows is a first step to have Windows 10 show all files and folder. Do not let this spook you out.

If on Windows 10,  There is a how-to at Tenforums. Use either option one or two or three

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7078-turn-off-show-all-folders-windows-10-navigation-pane.html

You need to let me know for sure, whether you are able to start and to use Malwarebytes.   If not able to use, Stop and let me know.

Patience is called for since it will take more than one or 2 passes to get this Windows in better security state.

I am going to list a few things here.   I would like you to do as many as you can, but keep going down the list, if possible.

There are 2 Iobit apps that I would highly suggest to be uninstalled.   Driver Booster 8  &  IObit Uninstaller 10

The first is classified as a potentially unwanted program     PUP.Optional.iObitDriverBooster

see   https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/pup-optional-iobitdriverbooster/

1. Press & hold  the Windows key on keyboard & then tap the R key   to open the Run command.

2. Type 

appwiz.cpl 

and tap Enter.
The Programs and Features window will appear.

3. Locate  Driver Booster 8  and click once to select it, then click the Uninstall button.

4. Locate  IObit Uninstaller  and click once to select it, then click the Uninstall button.

Close Control Panel when done.

There is a real need to run CHKDSK app that is built-on with Windows to check the health of the disc storage system on this system.

We need to tell it to run at the very next opportunity   and then insure that it runs.

Before you start, be sure to close and save all open work files  ( if any ).   This process will need to involve a windows Restart.

See to it that it runs & completes.   It will have to be Allowed to do that on a REBOOT

To Get the elevated command prompt, press Windows-key + X key  and then selected Command prompt ( Admin )
On that command prompt,  Copy & Paste this command      ( copy the entire line as-is )

ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /F

press Enter-key

Follow all the prompts.   When it displays that it needfs to do this on a reboot,  then be sure to go to the Windows menu  and do a RESTART

and then monitor the display to be sure that CHKDSK is run

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks