CPU usage very high, drops to normal as i open task manager

updated both kaspersky total security and zoom. 

Ran the given script. Attaching log file.

I just realised that after the previous steps (the ones you told in previous comment), the microphone and one usb type c port stopped working. After some general troubleshooting (uninstalling mic's drivers, doing nothing for the port and restarting the pc), both started working again. Just reporting

Thank you for the log report.  Overall, this was a very worthwhile run.   At your next opportunity, I would like you to do a special run to Microsoft Windows Update.

The aim at the very least, is to get the most recent security updates.   The goal at the ideal end of the spectrum, is to get this Windows 10 upgraded to the very latest Version 2004  spring 2020 update.

go to the Start menu, click the Windows Settings icon. Select Update & Security.  Click on Windows Update

In that section,  click on the "Check for Updates".

If you get a list of available updates at the top, then apply those Microsoft Updates.

The one I would like for you to keep a special eye for is the latest Wndows 10 version like this

W10_2004_wu_mk.jpg.ae2ba72f7605bab43d8a3184399132f5.jpg

If you see that, I highly suggest you click the spot "Download and install"   and follow all the prompts.   Have much patience.   Keep monitoring the progress.

Hello.   I would suggest  that you look at each instance of Edge windows, with a goal to close each tab,  then do a full Exit out of each Edge browser.

Once after you exit out of all instances of Edge,  the next time you start Edge the situation ought to be more normal.

By the way, it is not uncommon for Task Manager to display a larger count of ( implied) browser tab windows.   What clears that is doing a full Exit out of the browser.

The ultimate would be to do a Windows Restart.

Beyond that,  How is the overall situation of this machine / this case ?

and, it seems you report that Windows is now at Version 2004.   Would you kindly do this run & visual look

Press Windows-key on keyboard and hold,  and then tap R key  to get the RUN option

then type in

winver

then jot down  and reply with the full information line about the Windows version.    Thank you.      😀

It has gotten worse after the update. There have been blue screens twice in two days. Attaching the photos. 

Also, first time, I had just opened Valorant (a game) (around 20 edge tabs were open)

Second time, I was just working. A python program was running. (around 20 edge tabs were open)

Also, another problem, when I restart, it goes into boot manager itself. (I dont press any key) (And there is only one OS on the machine)

Attaching everything. Have a look. Thanks

on_restarting.jpg

second.jpg

first_bsod.jpg

winver.jpg

I regret to  read of these  2  different Windows aborts.

I would suggest that you review all applications that are automatically started with Windows  and reduce them to only those that are a absolute must.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

[    2     ]

Please download MiniToolBox save it to your desktop and run it. 

Reply YES when prompted by Windows to Allow the program to run.
Reply YES when prompted by the tool to proceed.

Checkmark the following check-boxes:

List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Devices
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
List Minidump Files

Click Go and post the result ( MTB.txt ). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. 
Note: When using Reset FF Proxy Settings option Firefox should be closed. 

[      3      \

SecurityCheck by glax24    

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire on the current-security-update  status  of some applications.
Download SecurityCheck by glax24 from here  https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe

and save the tool on the desktop.

If Windows's  SmartScreen block that with a message-window, then

Click on the MORE INFO spot and over-ride that and allow it to proceed.
This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive.
Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"   and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
Wait for the scan to finish. It will open in a text file named SecurityType.txt. Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

[ NOTE about the Kaspersky software on this machine.   It is possible that Kaspersky has some factor with these Windows aborts.  Tell me if that software is paid-for & currently licensed, or if it is trial software.  ]

[    NOTE   about the "boot manager"  display  when the machine starts or restarts]

The display is limited to 8 seconds & is intended as a way  ( If needed )  for you to be able to choose Safe mode or another mode  for purpose of troubleshooting.

You typically and normally just want to have Normal mode of Windows ......   so you just let the screen alone  and the system will start Windows normally.

Pressing ENTER-key or after the timeout elapses,  regular Windows 10 would be started.

Pressing F8 function key on keyboard would get the machine to proceed to a choice of advanced Startup choices  like below.

image.png.5e72f311289c0993618f5ea714c6ee37.png

Just as a reference only,   also see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

This is reply 2   of   2.

After the steps from the last posting of mine,  this is the next adjustment that I suggest for your system.
Your Windows is a 64-bit  and your machine system is a Intel.
Please get and save this cumumulative update from Microsoft the KB4577063 .   Be sure you save it, at like, the Desktop for ease of access
http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/updt/2020/09/windows10.0-kb4577063-x64_3f928d263c1d36f690ece1edf1e2eb165a4b8fc5.msu

Once the file download is complete, and it is saved, Close the browser.
Then go to the location of the saved file using File Explorer

Do a right-click on the .MSU file   and select OPEN

and let it proceed forward.

Let me know after it has completed.

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks