Upgrade to newest version

I have version 4.2.1 and I am running  the free version. How do I know when a new version comes out? I have the let me know when a new version comes out unticked because I don't want  malwarebytes to start at startup. I was told if you don't want the program to start at startup leave that unticked. How else   could I find out when a new version comes out? Thanks

• Malwarebytes should automatically install the latest version after checking for updates. Only users of the paid product, Malwarebytes premium can install beta updates when they come out. After running an update on the free version it will automatically install the latest version.   

Hello @jster2020   Adding a bit of detail.  The free version program will get the definitions updates automatically as a first part when you run a manual Scan.

When the program is not running it cannot get any sort of update nor get any message prompt about a new "Version".

When there is a new Version or when there is an update that is available & requires your action .....that can only be when you have started the program yourself.

e.g.   You start the program   .....if there is a new Version or a significant update requiring your action,  the program will display a message.

That said,  Malwarebytes for Windows has a setting to "Check for Updates"

Please see   https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042187934-Check-for-updates-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

Also, the Free version cannot auto-start with Windows.  The free version does not have any real-time protections.     

I would suggest that you redress the choice setting you mention at the start of your first post.

You do want to be advised by the program when there is a new version.

I do hope this helps.   If you have another question, please ask.

Sincerely.

Edited by Maurice Naggar