"Unable to contact License Server"

My product was previously activated, but recently it was deactivated.

I tried applying my licence but got the error message:

"Proxy Settings

Unable to contact licence server. Check your Proxy settings or contact your system administrator for help"

Also

"SSL validation error

Please Launch Internet Explorer once then try the operation again"

I tried opening IE, but the issue persists.

I checked the forum for similar issues and followed the instructions there, attached are the same files that another user was asked to produce.

Please advise

Addition.txt AdwCleaner[C01].txt FRST.txt MB Scan Quarantine Results.txt mbst-clean-results.txt mbst-fix-results.txt mbst-grab-results.zip MTB.txt

• Root Admin

Hello @Garageflower

Sorry to hear you're having issues with activation. Please try the following fix

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real-time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed make sure you re-enable it.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or wherever you ran FRST from. Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

NOTE-1:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity. Depending on the speed of your computer this fix may take 30 minutes or more.

NOTE-2: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed. The use of an external password manager is highly recommended instead of using your browser to store passwords.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Flash Player cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

• Root Admin

Excellent, you're quite welcome.

I'll go ahead then and close your topic. There will be a link in the closing speech with information to help better protect your computer. No rush to read it all at one time but I'd recommend you bookmark it and read as you have time.

Take care and stay safe out there and have a wonderful weekend coming up

Cheers

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated info
  • Like 1

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you