Redirecting browser + saved text file with coding

nadabana

Hi

Thanks for what you are doing for free and helping people.

So some month ago my computer seem to get infected with all browsers redirecting me to weird sites.
And tonight when I was browsing, a Notepad file popped up that was just named "f." and asked if I wanted to save it.
I decided to open it, and what I saw was some random lines of code and some jibberish. 

Other than that I don't know but my mail have not been accessed and computer seems fine but browser is pretty slow with a lot of cpu and mem usage.
Funny enough, when I activate MSB scan, the cpu usage and mem usage drop to only 7% for the browser, which should be normal for browser. Otherwise it hovers form go to 25-75% for just browser and nothing else on.

Thank you

Addition.txt FRST.txt MSB.txt

• Root Admin

Hello @nadabana

The logs don't show any real infection. We'll go ahead and do some generic clean up and then run another antivirus scanner once this clean up has completed.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed make sure you re-enable it.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or wherever you ran FRST from. Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

NOTE-1:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity. Depending on the speed of your computer this fix may take 30 minutes or more.

NOTE-2: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed. The use of an external password manager is highly recommended instead of using your browser to store passwords.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Flash Player cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

Thank you very much for helping me!

As I have ADHD, I did the first fix without disabling my AV. So I did two. One first where it wasn't disabled and second where it was disabled.
The weird thing is that my cookies are not gone, and I for example did not have to sign in here again manually. Other browsers seem to be the same.

What AV do you want me to run?

Fixlog.txt Fixlog.txt

• Root Admin

Good, good. The log looks good @nadabana

Let me have you run a different scanner to double-check. I don't expect it to find anything, but no harm in checking.

I would suggest a free scan with the ESET Online Scanner

Go to https://download.eset.com/com/eset/tools/online_scanner/latest/esetonlinescanner.exe

• It will start a download of "esetonlinescanner.exe"
  • Save the file to your system, such as the Downloads folder, or else to the Desktop.
  • Go to the saved file, and double click it to get it started. 
  • When presented with the initial ESET options, click on "Computer Scan".
  • Next, when prompted by Windows, allow it to start by clicking Yes 
  • When prompted for scan type, Click on Full scan 
  • Look at & tick  ( select )   the radio selection "Enable ESET to detect and quarantine potentially unwanted applications"   and click on Start scan button.
  • Have patience.  The entire process may take an hour or more. There is an initial update download.
  • There is a progress window display.
  • You should ignore all prompts to get the ESET antivirus software program.   ( e.g.  their standard program).   You do not need to buy or get or install anything else.
  • When the scan is completed, if something was found, it will show a screen with the number of detected items.  If so, click the button marked “View detected results”.
  • Click The blue “Save scan log” to save the log.
  • If something was removed and you know it is a false finding, you may click on the blue ”Restore cleaned files”  ( in blue, at bottom).
  • Press Continue when all done.  You should click to off the offer for “periodic scanning”.

• Root Admin

Excellent, glad to hear @nadabana

SecurityCheck by glax24              

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current-security-update status of some applications.

• Download SecurityCheck by glax24 from here  https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • and save the tool on the desktop.
  • If Windows's  SmartScreen block that with a message-window, then
  • Click on the MORE INFO spot and over-ride that and allow it to proceed.
  • This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive.
  • Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"   and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open in a text file named SecurityType.txt. Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

• Root Admin

Thank you @nadabana

Please review and update or if no longer used uninstall the following software as appropriate.

---------------------- [ AntiVirusFirewallInstall ] -----------------------
Malwarebytes version 4.2.0.82 v.4.2.0.82 Warning! Download Update

--------------------------- [ OtherUtilities ] ----------------------------
Notepad++ (64-bit x64) v.7.8.8 Warning! Download Update

VLC media player v.3.0.8 Warning! Download Update

-------------------------------- [ Arch ] ---------------------------------
WinRAR 5.71 (64-bit) v.5.71.0 Warning! Download Update

--------------------------------- [ IM ] ----------------------------------
Aim Lab Warning! This software is no longer supported.

Skype version 8.63 v.8.63 Warning! Download Update

------------------------------- [ Browser ] -------------------------------
Mozilla Firefox 80.0.1 (x64 sv-SE) v.80.0.1 Warning! Download Update

Opera Stable 70.0.3728.189 v.70.0.3728.189 Warning! Download Update

On 9/27/2020 at 3:37 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

Nope, unless you're having some other issue we should be done here.

Is everything okay now on your end?

Cheers

Waited with a response meanwhile I checked to see if anything popped up during these days. Nothing and computer feels better!
Thank you very much mate.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you