MWB Blocking Incoming Plex Connections?

Hey guys, I've had a search and found posts related to outgoing and I did find one post about incoming, but that was specific to one single IP address.

So my MWB has been regularly blocking Plex Media Server.exe from inbound connections, every few hours from the IP addresses and port numbers below.

185.216.140.6 - 39712, 38469, 48903 , 48264

122.228.19.79 - 53502, 26214, 5940

106.75.78.135 - 58914

That is just an except of the last 2 weeks worth. If it was the same IP/Port all the time i'd be less concerned but does this mean its blocking plex trying to do something or someone trying to access my plex?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Bill

Most modems/routers from ISPs as well as most consumer level routers include at least basic stealthing/blocking capabilities against port scanners and the like.  It shouldn't require any enterprise level hardware solution to accomplish, however I don't know how your network is set up for your server either, and it may be that in order to have it remain accessible remotely, you can't stealth/lock down things as they would normally be to avoid such connection attempts/attacks.  It certainly helps that Malwarebytes is blocking some of the connections, however Malwarebytes uses a block list; it isn't a firewall, so it isn't going to block all port scan attempts, just the ones from known malicious servers which are included in its block database.

• 2 years later...