Malware.AI.3719570885 reported with Sandboxie

Since I upgraded Sandboxie to version 5.43.5, Malwarebytes is reporting that the file C:\PROGRAM FILES\SANDBOXIE\SBIEDRV.SYS and the registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\SbieDrv is infected with Malware.AI.3719570885.  Attached is a text file with the Malwarebytes results.  I created a support ticket with Malwarebytes 4 days ago, but I have not heard anything back.  I would like to use the program, but I am waiting to see if this is truly infected with malware or a false positive.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  

Malwarebytes Report.txt

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ArmyVet said:

I created a support ticket with Malwarebytes 4 days ago, but I have not heard anything back. 

When you create a support ticket, it takes 5-7 business days for a response.

You issue is best fixed here on the forums. I will ask for your post to be moved to the correct section.

It may take until Monday though as this is the weekend.

From the developer:

The SbieDrv.sys driver must be signed, and since the appropriate certificates are prohibitively expensive, I head to use a leaked code signing certificate I found laying around the Internets. This means some anti malware applications wrongfully flag it as potentially dangerous or a virus.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, digmorcrusher said:

From the developer:

The SbieDrv.sys driver must be signed, and since the appropriate certificates are prohibitively expensive, I head to use a leaked code signing certificate I found laying around the Internets. This means some anti malware applications wrongfully flag it as potentially dangerous or a virus.

Thank you for the info digmorcrusher.