Malwarebytes browser guard appears to be flagging it's own download service

brad03

Must have been an interruption in whitelists.  It seems to be working now.

Hello gonzo i received once again the same detection today..... i am just making the staff aware because it's flagging the download once again please see updated screenshot. 

download.png

Just don't want user's who may not be a tech savvy to think something is actually wrong with the official download of Malwarebytes. Thanks for you're response on this issue and looking forward to help get this corrected. 

@brad03,

It would be of great value if you could tell us exactly what product you were trying to download, and exactly where you were doing it from.  We have not been able to reproduce this, but yours is not the only report. 

• Thanks 1

Hey Gonzo so when you log into the Malwarebytes portal to download and or reset your license when you click that big "green download button" the Malwarebytes browser guard will block the download as "suspicious". It is also important to note that it will download fine at times and others it will block the download. You may have to have staff test this out for awhile till you can reproduce the issue.  I wish you all the best in trying to resolve this. 

You found the one (I hope it is the ONLY one) Malwarebytes link that I did not whitelist.  I just added it to the whitelist right now.  Please give it 15-30 minutes for changes to make their way into the field, then try it again.  If it does NOT work, I will need you to send me debug logs.  If that IS required, they should be zipped and sent to me via private message. With luck, I nailed it this time. Thanks for the added info.

• Thanks 1

Thanks gonzo it appears to be fast and snappy now no blocking of the download. If for some reason the issue occurs again i will refer back to this thread and private message you.  

Great, and thank you for uncovering the answer to this puzzle.

Unfortunately i got the alert again today it's the same download it was flagging before. Unfortunately this is still an issue. i will send any and all logs that you require also has anyone in the last 24 hours reported this to support?  

Digging though those logs is very time-consuming, and the logs are huge (quite often 10 MB of text).  If you could zip one up and either post it here (if safe to do so) or PM it to me, I'd like to have a look at it.  Gonna send you a private message too.

Just responded.  Private hell in my private network last night...