Malwarebytes Privacy - Connection Issue

BlueGoose

Hello,

I installed the trial version of Malwarebytes Privacy on my Windows 10 computer a few days ago.  I have not been able to get it working as yet.  I didn't have any problems installing the product; and activation was automatic since I already had the Premium version of MWB installed.

The problem is when I try to turn Privacy on I get a "Connection Issue" dialog being presented indicating a problem with my internet connection.  The internet connection is working fine.  This problem persists irrespective of the server location selected.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product with the same outcome each time.

According to the log file (MBVPNSERVICE.LOG) in the C:\\ProgramData\\Malwarebytes\\Privacy\\LOGS folder, there is always the same repeating warnings/errors which should be indicated in that attached files.

Hoping you can help resolve this issue.  Thanks in advance.

Bill
mbst-grab-results.zipmbst-fix-results.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have reinstalled Privacy and I was able to activate using my licence key from my MB Premium account.  Unfortunately I am still getting the original problem "Connection Issue".  In the log file there is a warning for "Operation timed out" followed by an error "Failed to verify handshake. (2047ms)".

Is there a way to increase the software's timeout limit to see if is more of a problem with my carrier?

Regards

BlueGoose

• Root Admin

Please do the following.

Go into Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall - then uninstall the following.

Wintun-Windows
Malwarebytes Privacy

Then temporarily set your DNS to use Google Public DNS and restart the computer
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Then reinstall Malwarebytes Privacy and let us know if you're still having an issue.

Thanks @BlueGoose