spawnterror.com false positive? (trojan)

Yesterday Windows Defender found a dodgy file in a local steam workshop folder which came up as a trojan. It deleted the file and I decided to delete all of my workshop folders and went through my subscribed items to remove any suspicious ones so it wouldn't redownload them. after that I did a full scan on both my new and old system drives with MB since the same workshop files had been on my old one as well. Both scans detected 0 threats which is good (I haven't tried a scan with WD yet). Today I went to open a site (spawnterror.com) and MB gave me a notification about a suspicious outbound connection and it thinks the website could be malicious, it categorises it as a trojan (just like the workshop file which is why I think they might be related). Could someone confirm for me whether this is a false positive or something I need to worry about because I cant find any information through googling it.Spawnterror.txt

2 minutes ago, EthanB said:

I forgot to mention, the notification only comes up when trying to access that specific site, It hasn't happened for any other websites so far.

I have asked for your post to be moved to the correct section of the forum for assistance.

• Staff
20 minutes ago, EthanB said:

Yesterday Windows Defender found a dodgy file in a local steam workshop folder which came up as a trojan. It deleted the file and I decided to delete all of my workshop folders and went through my subscribed items to remove any suspicious ones so it wouldn't redownload them. after that I did a full scan on both my new and old system drives with MB since the same workshop files had been on my old one as well. Both scans detected 0 threats which is good (I haven't tried a scan with WD yet). Today I went to open a site (spawnterror.com) and MB gave me a notification about a suspicious outbound connection and it thinks the website could be malicious, it categorises it as a trojan (just like the workshop file which is why I think they might be related). Could someone confirm for me whether this is a false positive or something I need to worry about because I cant find any information through googling it.Spawnterror.txt

Hello, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've reviewed the site again and have determined it no longer warrants being blocked so we've removed it from our database. 

Removal should be reflected in the next database update going out in a few hours or so.

• TeMerc locked this topic