Browser guard doesn't block sometimes, intermitent issue

It happens to me that sometimes the extension doesnt't block webs like the iptest.malwarebytes.com or others that i use to try to see if the extension is working like hdfull.me or vidto.me and it happens  on firefox and chrome sometimes too. I've tried dissable and enable the protection but it doesn't work. To make it work i have to wait  and then the extension blocks again. It is like an intermitent issue, don't know how to explain it better sorry

• Root Admin

Hello @Xauma95

I have moved your topic to the malware removal forum so that I can help you take a look at the issue.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

will have to do it tomorrow due to the time here in spain, so please dont close the topic

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

There are no blocks currently on hdfull.me.  The other two sites should be blocked as trojans.

Yes they should, but it happens to me sometimes that the extension doesn't work and i have to wait

7 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @Xauma95

I have moved your topic to the malware removal forum so that I can help you take a look at the issue.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

Will give you the logs tomorrow morning after work due to the time here in spain, please don't close the topic and thanks for repliying

@AdvancedSetup Here you have the logs, hope it helps to find what is happening. Now it is working and blocking but as i don't know how to trigger the issue don't know how to explain it better. Maybe now it is working and in an hour or more it stops and then i wait and it works again. Even though the extension stops blocking i have my MBAM working

Addition.txt FRST.txt

• Root Admin

Thanks @Xauma95

Actually I'd like to help you do some clean up of the computer by removing and reinstalling some software and see if we can get it functioning a bit smoother.

It will take some time and effort to do but if you're willing let me know and I'll move your topic to the malware removal forum so I can work with you one-on-one

Thank you

13 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Thanks @Xauma95

Actually I'd like to help you do some clean up of the computer by removing and reinstalling some software and see if we can get it functioning a bit smoother.

It will take some time and effort to do but if you're willing let me know and I'll move your topic to the malware removal forum so I can work with you one-on-one

Thank you

First i would like to know more details and if you find the issue or if i have some kind of malware so i can decide what to do? The issue is happening to me know, the extension hasn't been blocking for almost an hour but now it is blockin again

• Root Admin

I'm not a developer. Th plugin works for me and it works for everyone else that has tried it and responded to this topic or been asked internally to test it again.

I'm simply offering to look at logs and potentially help you clean up your computer but if not interested that's okay too, no pressure either way.

Thanks

I really apreciate your offer but the reason I was concerned was about the plugin but if you say there are no issues, although it is not working propperly for me, what i'm gonna do is wait for some update to see if that solves the issue or not. But as I said I really apreciate your offer and help, so thanks. If not even an update solves the issue i may create a new topic on the browser guard forum in case any developer wants the logs or anything. Thank you so much for your help and time.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you