Premium license... why am I all of a sudden receiving pop ups when I open the interface asking me if I've tried the Malwarebytes browser and VPN?  Sincerely, what is happening with this company.  I'm seeing unethical decisions and bad choices abound lately.  Whoever is in charge of this needs to be sat down and have a good talking to because they are ruining Malwarebytes.

How do I stop this?

5 minutes ago, dprout69 said:

How do I stop this?

You cant.

At most you should have only seen this twice in a two week period. If you're seeing it more often than that please let us know.

We try to keep any such notices to a minimum but we do want customers to be aware of other products or offerings as well.

Thank you

I should have seen this zero times in a two week period.  You want me to be aware and I could care less.  For those that do want to be aware you give them the option to opt in.  There are many people in this world such as myself that do not care for and despise advertisements and will go out of their way NOT to buy anything from a company that forces them.

High memory usage, slowing down the computer, pop up ads, forcing actions upon users that are not desirable (automatic restarts) and that's just what I'm aware of never mind what I dont know yet... by definition that starts to sound a lot like malware.  I'm telling you right now MB is headed down the wrong path and it's starting to feel an awful lot like Avast right before they dropped hard from the top of the food chain.  I called it before they crashed and now even their "evangelicals" abandoned them.  Ive said my  peace.  I guess every company has its life cycle regardless of how many times they are warned.

Hi there!

Just catching up and saw this thread. Appreciate the feedback on this topic!

Please know that we do fully intend to build out additional functionality that will allow you to control whether you see promotional messages. This will be rolled out into a future update automatically once it's available.  

22 hours ago, bdubrow said:

Hi there!

Just catching up and saw this thread. Appreciate the feedback on this topic!

Please know that we do fully intend to build out additional functionality that will allow you to control whether you see promotional messages. This will be rolled out into a future update automatically once it's available.  

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

And now I just got a pop up outside the user interface... A premium user.  Are you F"N kidding me right now????  My desktop is NOT your billboard!!!!  You are quickly becoming spammers!!!!!!  KNOCK IT OFF!  Add the option to get rid of these pop ups.  Not in a "future" update and not "going on two years later and still havent done it" as I've seen in some other threads.  Add the option to stop these now!

On 9/7/2020 at 9:22 AM, dprout69 said:

And now I just got a pop up outside the user interface... A premium user.  Are you F"N kidding me right now????  My desktop is NOT your billboard!!!!  You are quickly becoming spammers!!!!!!  KNOCK IT OFF!  Add the option to get rid of these pop ups.  Not in a "future" update and not "going on two years later and still havent done it" as I've seen in some other threads.  Add the option to stop these now!

Same!  I expect this from Avast, AVG etc not MBAM!  That is one of the many reasons I don't use those! 

I too have recently had pop-ups for both MBG and the VPN.  Why can't MB just stop these now for paid subscribers at least.  I know they have said they will add an option, but this is getting kind of tiresome.

3 minutes ago, BillH99999 said:

Why can't MB just stop these now for paid subscribers at least.  I know they have said they will add an option, but this is getting kind of tiresome.

Probably because their telemetry shows that it has been quite effective in getting more users to adopt their browser add-on and to try and/or buy Malwarebytes Privacy.  I would have preferred they offer an option to disable it up front before implementing the feature, however I can understand why they haven't disabled it completely.

Keep in mind this is coming from an individual who believes that all such promotional advertisements/pop-ups are and should be classified as adware since it is fundamentally the definition of what adware is so I'm not saying that it is OK as-is, just that I understand why it is how it is for now.  I just hope they offer an opt-out option sooner rather than later, regardless of what their marketing numbers might show.

This is doubly annoying for me as whoever wrote the code for the pop up didn't do a proper job. It doesn't respect the "always on top" settings of other programs so I have to close my sidebar app to see and click the "X" button. Every other program that uses popups/notifications shows the notification to the left of the sidebar.

STOP THE POP UP CRAP!  Malwarebytes, WHY DO YOU DO THIS? Every so often you completely slap your premium customers in the face.

Stop posting pop up crap that can't be turned off. I've gotten this twice and I guarantee I will never give you another penny. These popups are the malware I'm trying to avoid.  STOP IT.

It makes your company look like total spam garbage. STOP IT.

Hi folks, I actually logged in to ask about a popup I received today but I think it's the same popup being discussed here. Can someone please confirm that the popup being referred to in this thread is the exact same one in the attached picture? I just want to make sure that the popup I received is totally legit at least, since I never get this. I have a Premium license.

PS: Sorry, couldn't take a screenshot, had to take an actual picture. It popped up in the lower right corner and didn't go away, I had to click the X.

Thanks!!

popup.jpg

5 minutes ago, Steve1982 said:

I just want to make sure that the popup I received is totally legit at least, since I never get this.

Yes it is legit.