MalwareBytes is Useless!

Proof malwarebytes is useless!
I am done with it
Look photos attached, and tell me, why your "web protection" didn't protected at all lol

Happens on Mozila, and started happening after clean installation, after installed malwarebyes. Clean installation was run over week without such - self opening scam links

2020-08-15_8-18-15.png

2020-08-15_11-18-12.png

• Root Admin

Hello @Niko7

Are you sure you have not enabled or allowed Push Notifications on your browser?

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/technology/2019/01/browser-push-notifications-feature-asking-abused/

Turn notifications on or off - Google Chrome

Web Push notifications in Firefox

If you're willing to upload some logs we can check and possibly see why or what is causing this.
Upload Malwarebytes Support Tool logs offline

Also, note that the Web Protection is for actual Threats and not for Ad blocking. If you're interested we do have a free program designed to block Ads.
Malwarebytes Browser Guard

Thank you

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @Niko7

Are you sure you have not enabled or allowed Push Notifications on your browser?

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/technology/2019/01/browser-push-notifications-feature-asking-abused/

Turn notifications on or off - Google Chrome

Web Push notifications in Firefox

If you're willing to upload some logs we can check and possibly see why or what is causing this.
Upload Malwarebytes Support Tool logs offline

Also, note that the Web Protection is for actual Threats and not for Ad blocking. If you're interested we do have a free program designed to block Ads.
Malwarebytes Browser Guard

Thank you

I havent accepted any push notificatin from websites.

This garbage simply opens new tab and loads it url alone from time to time.

• Root Admin

Please post the requested logs and we'll see if we can locate the cause.

As I said, simply based on your images they look like Ads which as I said Malwarebytes Premium does not block Ads. It blocks known threats.
Our other free program Malwarebytes Browser Guard though does block many Ads.

You can also look at using uBlock Origin to block Ads as well. Another free great product.

Please install uBlock Origin for your browsers to better protect your system.

FireFox, ChromeOpera , SafariMicrosoft Edge

Thank you again

3 hours ago, Niko7 said:

Proof malwarebytes is useless!
I am done with it
Look photos attached, and tell me, why your "web protection" didn't protected at all lol

Happens on Mozila, and started happening after clean installation, after installed malwarebyes. Clean installation was run over week without such - self opening scam links

Malwarebytes Browser Guard would have dealt with the site in your screenshot. It is a free supplement to Malwarebytes premium.

These types of ads/ redirects are browser related. This is caused by the way most browsers handle redirections executed by javascript code.  Most browsers don't do a great job of preventing these redirects, which also cause ad pop-ups.  Advertising affiliates are aware of this, and exploit this weakness.  Even if an advertising affiliate is shut down for using this exploit, they just come back with a different affiliate id and are right back at it.

• 2 months later...