Greetings,

Please try a clean install to see if it helps:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Clean button, and allow it to restart your system and then reinstall Malwarebytes, either by allowing the tool to do so when it offers to on restart, or by downloading and installing the latest version from here

If the issue still persists, please create a fresh set of logs using the latest version of the Support Tool:

1. Run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

By the way, I will be reporting this issue to the Product team so that the Developers may investigate the issue, assuming we are unable to fix it here.

In the meantime, if it still continues crashing please try disabling Web Protection until we are able to find a solution unless a staff member requests re-enabling it temporarily for testing.  I would also recommend supplementing your protection with Malwarebytes Browser Guard which is available for Chrome and Firefox as it will block most of the same sites as Web Protection in Malwarebytes, only for your browser alone rather than the entire system.  It does have some enhancements though, so I advise using it even with Web Protection active, as it also blocks many malicious sites using advanced behavioral blocking and includes blocking for many ads and trackers to speed up browsing and to help protect your privacy online.

@LiquidTension this customer is having BSOD issues with the Web Protection driver with the latest version of Malwarebytes.  Would you or another staff member please take a look at the memory dumps and logs provided?

Thanks

@eee, LiquidTension is a member of the Support team for Malwarebytes and will be able to work with you on analyzing this issue and aiding the Developers in finding a fix.

Are there any particular actions that typically trigger the BSOD?
What installed programs are typically running when the BSOD occurs? Excluding Malwarebytes, are you running any VPN/network filtering software?
How often does the BSOD occur? Is it random, immediately at startup, after several days of uptime, etc?

@eee I've sent you a message with some steps to generate additional debug logging for us.

How often does the BSOD occur? Is it random, immediately at startup, after several days of uptime, etc?

It'll happen a once or twice one day and then nothing for a few weeks.

Are there any particular actions that typically trigger the BSOD?
What installed programs are typically running when the BSOD occurs? Excluding Malwarebytes, are you running any VPN/network filtering software?

It typically happens when running openvpn but not all the time. Not even doing anything in particular like connecting or disconnecting but randomly after a while. But 99% of the time it works fine. It's just once in a while it happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you

091420-48968-01.dmp091520-52359-01.dmppssh-output.zip090720-54906-01.dmp

Hi.

It was stable for a while after running the clean but it happened again September 7th. And then again yesterday and today. 

I haven't changed anything since I ran the clean. Everything is basically the same as then. Why it didn't BSOD more between then and now I don't know. Why now, also don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @eee

You can right click over the Task Tray icon and deselect the Web Protection module. It will alert you to this action though and without turning off all alerts cannot be avoided at this time.

You can install Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension for Google Chrome from the following link

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes-browser-guar/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee

Another excellent Content Blocker: uBlock Origin
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need further assitance

Thank you