Malicious Website Detected on Chrome

A family member bookmarked a page that seems to be potentially malicious. This page was bookmarked quite a long time ago, and yesterday, an old Microsoft scam page popped up. I ran Windows Defender and Spybot on the computer, and no issues surfaced for Windows Defender. I didn't see anything too alarming for Spybot, and managed to fix all that I selected. However, while trying to run threat scan yesterday, it was stuck at the last step of the scan (something related to the file system I believe?). I left the scan on for the whole day, but wasn't sure what the cause was. Since the scan wasn't ending, I chose to cancel the scan.

This morning, I decided to manually run the threat scan again to see if it proceed. However, it was stuck at the first step this time (which was not an issue yesterday). While waiting to see if the threat scan would run properly, I checked the scan from yesterday and found a log of the scan. I've attached the exported log report.

I also tried force shutting down Malwarebytes and after I did so, I was unable to start Malwarebytes again. After restarting the computer, I'm able to run Malwarebytes again. Should I attempt to run the scan for a third time? Why are both scans not proceeding as per usual? I have Malwarebytes on my personal laptop and have no issues running threat scans (granted that my laptop is only a year old). 

Malwarebytes Exported Log.txt

• 3 weeks later...

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you