CPU usage spiking while idle

Ive been on my pc, and whenever checking task manager, the CPU is around anywhere to 50-90 percent when opening, then quickly shoots back down. Along with this, I have noticed that my malwarebytes just completely skips over the registry check on the virus scans. I have attached both the files on this topic to help explain what I mean. Is this something that I should be looking into?

• Root Admin

Hello @navigations

The Task Manager spike is normal. Please see the following
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/252362-cpu-usage-always-at-70-until-task-manager-is-open/

For what looks like it may be skipping the Registry scan please let me get some logs
Upload Malwarebytes Support Tool logs offline

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you